Financial Compliance Lead
Internal Control Specialist/Lead Financial Compliance Specialist
The Internal Control Specialist/Lead Financial Compliance Specialist is the link between the RSS Finance Compliance organization, Global Business Process Management team, RSS Operations and local affiliates. He/She has a strong understanding of the business and finance processes and in general his/her main responsibilities are:
General Stakeholder Management and Shared Service Activities
- Carry out assessment/reviews on a required basis, identifying process or business control improvement opportunities, initiating improvement opportunity discussion with stakeholders and/or process owners and follow up,
- Prepare/Review reports and training materials to address updates on Internal Controls/Business Improvement projects to affiliates and internal team member’s Key Responsibilities
- Responsible to ensure that all Compliance related checklists, manuals and procedural documents are updated and reflect current department/team practices,
- Actively participate and support the development of standard operating procedures/ guidelines for the local operations
- Advocate and be a contributor in key projects (ASPIRE/RAMP) by supporting rollout and implementation activities
ICFR Management (For the RSS and Affiliates)
- Provide support to in scope affiliates and the RSS regarding ICFR and SOD processes, implementation of controls and ICFR change management requirements
- Responsible for the coordination and planning of the RSS Finance Compliance Operating and Design Effectiveness testing procedures,
- Actively participates as self tester in the testing of ICFR Controls and coordinates remediation where applicable
- Support / Co-ordinate ICFR and SOD related activities between the local affiliate and auditors when required
- Providing training support to in-scope affiliates and controls owners, during the annual change cycle and on an as needed basis.
- Drive and organize self-assessment of controls (CSA) based on ICFR requirements together with the supported countries
- Monitor issues and ensure appropriate implementation of corrective action plans related to ICFR and SOD matters
- Monitoring and maintaining proper control information/description as made available in the relevant monitoring tools
Segregation of Duties Management (SOD)
- Supervise and ensure requests for CIDM (Business Role Access Reviews) access management is completed timely
- Provides SoD expertise and support to control owners, RSS Compliance team to resolve open conflicts
- Actively manage and ensures that there is a periodic review and maintenance user mitigations
- Engage continuously with affiliates, control owners and the team to understand/identify process improvement opportunities,
- Collaborate and actively participate on key projects for implementation, make appropriate recommendation and be an essential part of the solution provisioning activities,
Who you are
- Degree qualification in accounting/commerce and/or professional qualification (e.g. CPA, ICAA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Familiar with the SAP ERP system, is a significant advantage
- Experience in managing financial compliance program, with demonstrated analytical, organizational and planning skills
- You should have a minimum of 10 years of working experience in a recognized accounting firm, multinational company's compliance, Finance-internal controls or internal audit function with strong interest in financial compliance.
- You possess the ability to confidently interact with senior business process owners and leaders in the organization
Who we are
At Roche, 91,700 people across 100 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we've become one of the world's leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity. Roche Diagnostics is committed to create a great place to work for its employees and in 2015 we have been accredited as Regional Best Employer Asia Pacific by Aon Hewitt. Individual Best Employer Awards were awarded in Singapore, Korea, China and India.
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.