Senior Analyst - Business Reporting
We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region?
Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment?
Do you view your development needs seriously as we do?
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF !
Objectives of the Position
The position holder is part of the Supplier and Reporting cluster under the Global Business Services (GB) that takes care of processes in the GB “back office”. In that role, the Business Reporting senior analyst will primarily be providing periodic report updates to Business Partners for their business steering.
- Perform management reporting activities that includes data collection, data processing, report generation and in some extent, business analysis for BASF’s Operating Divisions/ Service Units/ Region & Countries or Production Sites.
- Manage timely completion of reports based on standards or business-specific requirements.
- Master report structure/ logic under care to enable where possible, report modification, enhancement and/ or report transformation.
- Develop good understanding of data source and structure to assist and advice business partners with report developments.
- Evaluate and identify opportunities for report automation e.g., replacing Excel based reports with Power BI dashboards.
- Establish and maintain good work relationship with Business Partners and act as their focal point of contact.
- Upkeep process documentation and working instructions
- Where required, provide additional support to the Business Partners helping them achieve their unit’s strategic plan and objectives participate in local, regional and/ or global projects
- University degree in Finance, Accounting or related fields and/or recognized professional accounting certification or any other equivalent qualification (e.g., ACCA, CPA, CIMA or MIA)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Finance and/or Controlling and/or Management Accounting
- Communication in fluent English with good interpersonal skills
- Experience in MNC, shared service or business process outsourcing organizations will be an added advantage.
- Experience working with SAP BW applications, Power BI, MS Office & SAP FI/CO is preferred
- Experienced Power BI front end developers looking for a move into Finance/ Reporting are welcome to try out
BASF regional service hub has been established since 2005 in Kuala Lumpur. The regional service hub has approximately 700 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. More than 110,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €59 billion in 2020.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.