Manager, Projects & Solutions (Mandarin Speaking)
We are a leading chemical company, with the best teams developing intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. Our success as a company relies on the engagement of our employees. We encourage our employees to develop their strengths, and we recognize their achievements. For you, this means a wide variety of job roles, and exciting opportunities for learning and career development.
Do you want to work with passionate teams, providing excellent business and digital services to the Asia Pacific region?
Do you want an open, supportive, and caring working environment?
Do you view your development needs seriously as we do?
If YES, then take your career to the #NextLevel with BASF !
Objectives of the Position
- Lead cross-unit and cross-companies teams in Greater China to develop and implement financial solutions
Functional Tasks (including but not limited to):
- Takes responsibility and accountability for the successful completion of Supplier & Reporting projects on time, within the budget and within the scope.
- Plans, budget, assign responsibilities, monitor and oversee the project progress and documents all aspects of the specific projects;
- Drives further development of Supplier & Reporting and proactively identifies improvement areas, develop action plans and implement concrete measures to establish sustainable high performance organisation in Supplier & Reporting
- Introduces existing and emerging digital technologies, capabilities, practices, strategies and culture to Supplier & Reporting in Greater China;
- Drives projects to support Change Management in Supplier & Reporting
- Provide professional guidance to Supplier & Reporting teams on Service Platform and BASF group companies in Greater China.
- Support BASF's portfolio measures, such as M&A projects, integration of acquired companies and carve-outs/divestments of businesses
- Interacts with and gains acceptance from management and stakeholders on various initiatives.
- Communicate project deliverables to ensure all stakeholders are kept informed on progress and issues/resolutions.
- Engage with the project owners, local companies and relevant functional units/work streams to ensure that project solutions are adopted, implemented, and maintained appropriately.
- Backup assist with and perform Financial Reporting tasks of delivery team when required
- Perform other duties as and when delegated, including job rotation to other functional teams
- Ensure effective knowledge transfer as for sustainable development of knowledge within the team
- Work with the relevant stakeholders to understand service delivery information and technical knowledge and keep up to date on changes that may impact the training content and training delivery.
Frequent cooperation within BASF Group
- Counterparts and/or relevant stakeholders in BASF companies, internal auditors and the other functional teams
- KL hub and Greater China management team
- Project Management team
Frequent cooperation outside BASF Group
- Work closely with external consultants, auditors etc.
Degree of Supervision Required in the job
- Work with minimal supervision
- University degree in finance and accounting or business studies; and/or
- Chartered or Certified Professional Accountant or equivalent
- At least 8 years professional experience in Finance, e.g. MNC, Big4 and/or IT-consulting; Professional accounting qualifications (CICPA, ACCA or equivalent) is a plus
- Strong IT affinity and digital mind-set; SAP know-how (preferred), Oracle, Hyperion, etc.; awareness of existing and emerging digital technologies, capabilities, practices, strategies and culture
- Excellent project management skills and proven IT project implementation experience; experience in agile management and design thinking; SCRUM certification is a plus
- Communication & collaboration skills, strong interest and ability to lead cross-functional and international teams; experience with change management projects is a plus
- Intelligent, result-oriented and highly self-motivated; strive for achievements and wants to make difference. Has skills and abilities to perform consistently to a defined standard while maintaining integrity, independence and skepticism.
- Interest in international working environment and mobility
- Experience in a shared service or business process outsourcing engagement will be an added advantage.
Technical & Professional Knowledge:
- Knowledge and understanding of Financial Reporting and other accounting functions
- Knowledge and experience of MS office tools
- Proficiency in English, Chinese and other language required with good communication skill
BASF regional service hub has been established since 2005 in Kuala Lumpur. The regional service hub has approximately 700 employees and growing. Focused on being a competency and digitalization driven hub, it also provides quality functional and know-how services in the areas of finance, controlling, human resources, real estate and facilities management, communications, environmental, health and safety, procurement, import-export order management, and information services to BASF companies and affiliates in the Asia Pacific region. BASF also has two other regional hubs located in Berlin, Germany, and Montevideo, Uruguay that cover the Europe and Americas regions.
At BASF, we create chemistry for a sustainable future. We combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. More than 110,000 employees in the BASF Group contribute to the success of our customers in nearly all sectors and almost every country in the world. Our portfolio is organized into six segments: Chemicals, Materials, Industrial Solutions, Surface Technologies, Nutrition & Care and Agricultural Solutions. BASF generated sales of €59 billion in 2020.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.