Internship Tax Regulatory Compliance (m/f)
As part of the expansion of our Tax department, we are currently looking for trainees in tax regulatory compliance for our Financial Services industry department, dealing notably with:
- FATCA: The Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act obliges Financial Institutions to file yearly reports on financial accounts maintained for US persons;
- CRS: The Common Reporting Standard (CRS) allows automatic exchange of financial account information between participating jurisdictions worldwide;
- QI: A Qualified Intermediary commits to the US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to identifying and documenting clients and instructing custodians to levy the appropriate withholding tax.
In the frame of FATCA, CRS and QI, PwC is helping in being compliant with reporting obligations and in implementing regulations.
As an Intern (m/f), you will:
- Support international financial institutions (banks, insurance, funds) to put in place procedures to help them identify their clients concerned by regulations such as FATCA, CRS or QI;
- Assist our professionals to audit financial institutions in the implementation of the regulations, participate in testing;
- Have a consulting function and advise on the processes of the financial institutions relating to FATCA/CRS/QI;
- Give opinions on how to improve the latter (e.g.: guide the clients in calibrating their IT systems, deploying the adequate documentation, process, etc.);
- Help to implement the proposed solutions and accompany the clients in implementing them;
- Analyse the compliance of financial institutions (due diligence) and make sure that they collect the right information on their clients;
- Participate in the production of reporting that the financial institutions are obliged to deliver to the Luxembourgish fiscal administration;
- Liaise with the Luxembourgish fiscal administration;
- Have the opportunity to work in close cooperation with different departments within our company such as our advisory department (global projects including project management), help on audit reports on FATCA, support our internal audit and AML team.
- You will soon have a Master's degree in economics or law, with a specialization in taxation (please mention the topic of your master thesis in your application and the main modules/ subjects you took in your studies);
- You have to complete an end of studies internship with a minimum of 3 months;
- You have a strong interest in FATCA/CRS/QI, compliance and consulting. A first internship or a thesis on FATCA/CRS would be considered as a strong asset;
- You have an excellent command of Microsoft Office, a good knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel is a plus;
- You are fluent in English and French, our two working languages;
- You are flexible, curious, highly motivated and client-oriented.
In your cover letter we would like to understand why you would like to do the internship in FATCA and what you would like to achieve.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.