I am searching for an experienced, positive and professional Finance Assistant or Assistant Accountant to join my clients rapidly expanding firm here in Banbury.
The client is a family run firm specialising in the construction industry.
This Assistant Accountant will need:
- To assist with the preparation of monthly management accounts, including payments, monthly P&L reporting, accruals and reconciliation of bank accounts.
- To process Sub contractor applications and payments, including the reconciliation of statements and verification with HMRC
- To Process Accounts receivable invoices and payments including credit control (limited)
- Processing expense forms sent in by staff, including processing reports at month end with these
- To support in producing a Trial Balance, managing ledgers, journals and balance sheets as required.
- To support budget preparation including forecasting, report compilation and provision of projections.
- To process bank payments.
- To carry out bank reconciliations and provide reports to support effective cash flow management.
- To provide information as required to the Company Accountant to enable timely management reporting, including variance and accounts analysis.
- To support external audits as and when required.
- To complete and submit CIS ,VAT and other statutory returns as and when required.
- To reconcile credit card statements and vouch to receipts
- General administration including filing, photocopying and answering the phone.
- Provision of cover duties for reception and switchboard.
- To carry out any other related duties which may reasonably be required from time to time.
This Assistant Accountant will need the following skills and attributes:
- Ideally needs proven experience in working in a similar role and preference to a part qualified or qualified candidate with at least two years industry experience in a busy accounts department that deals with project based accounting
- Highly organised with a professional and positive manner.
- Detail oriented
- Great team player
- £25,000 - £32,000 p.a (depending on experience)
- On Site parking
- Bupa Healthcare
- Pension (5% contribution)
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays
- Laptop and Mobile provided