United Kingdom; Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom; Bristol, Bristol, United Kingdom; Leeds, Yorkshire, United Kingdom; Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
About the role
The RSM M&A service line has grown by c.20% in FY21 and activity levels continue to be high. Continued development of the existing team has resulted in a requirement for an associate role. The role represents a great opportunity for you to join a growing and experienced team with continued aspirations to increase deal size along sector lines. The team is highly skilled and has a great mixture of experienced senior people and graduates. This provides a fantastic opportunity for your continued development with appropriate guidance and mentoring from the senior team and support from the graduates and newly qualified. Opportunities exist to work directly for Partner and Directors across the country on certain transactions which will accelerate development.
About the company and department
RSM M&A team is a leader in the mid-market regionally and nationally, advising on deals ranging in size from £10m-100m. M&A operates as a National business with over 100 M&A personnel in locations across the country. RSM’s CF team is regularly ranked in the top 3 advisers nationally in terms of deal volume and regularly nominated for awards across the country. The team predominantly advises on sell side mandates and also provides buyside and equity fundraising services across a range of sectors. Our clients are typically entrepreneurs, business owners and / or management teams who wish to market their business to UK and international purchasers and Private Equity investors.
The team is very hardworking and loyal. RSM invests significantly in people development and coaching and provides an ideal place for you to continue your development and gain critical experience. You won’t standstill in M&A.
About the job
The job involves you supporting Partners and Directors on M&A mandates including sell-side, buy-side and private equity fundraising. The job also involves you supporting and managing a team of graduates across the region and Nationally. Deal teams typically consist of four – five dedicated individuals, with mandates lasting up to a year. As part of the role you would work closely with CF teams across the country, broadening your profile and gaining exposure to a variety of people and sectors. Specific responsibilities are likely to include, amongst others:
- Pitching for new mandates alongside the deal team and preparing the pitch documents.
- Attending client meetings and working closely with the deal team to ensure key deliverables are of a high quality and within the desired timetable.
- Drafting and reviewing information memoranda.
- Reviewing and inputting into buyer research to ensure the most suitable list of potential purchasers is identified.
- Day to day project management and working closely with the client’s other advisers to ensure the project remains on timetable.
- Reviewing and, where required, drafting detailed call notes of key conversations with the client, buyer, and other parties
For more details on the responsibilities the role includes, please see the M&A role profiles on the intranet.
About the ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will be self-starter, a good communicator and with a passion to learn quickly to develop their knowledge and understanding of mid-market advisory. You should be keen to take advantage of the support, training, and development pathways that we pride ourselves on. A genuine interest in business and commerce is welcome as is the requirement to form part of a team with a strong culture for doing the right thing.
- ACA qualified
- Experience in managing graduates in other departments
- Strong communication skills and high standards for quality
- Ability to work to deadlines and be flexible
- You should have strong discipline and willingness to learn
- Strong verbal, grammar and numerical skills and ability to prepare professional, high quality documentation
- Ability to project manage teams and day to day deal activities
- Ability to critically review work completed by graduate team members and provide constructive feedback
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.