Context for the Role:
Internal Audit is an independent, objective, assurance function that is critical to meeting our business ambitions whilst also protecting the interests of our customers by ensuring that the internal control, risk and governance frameworks are always fit for purpose. We look beyond financial risks and statements to consider wider issues such as the organisation's reputation, growth, its impact on the environment and the way we treat our customers and employees.
As an Audit Assignment team member you will be helping to deliver meaningful improvements across the business by engaging with stakeholders to identify risk and control improvements across a range of different business functions; helping you develop an understanding of the business as well as building confidence & presentation skills through exposure to Senior Management.
This is an entry level role in the Internal Audit function for those with a degree or equivalent qualification and an interest in learning more about Financial Services and the role of Internal Audit.
Work Level Accountabilities:
- Accountable for providing a quality service or product to customers and stakeholders, using skills/experience built through significant practical experience or training
- For team leaders, accountable for ensuring the team the role supports is delivering a quality service or product
- Works within established frameworks and procedures, with the freedom to interpret them to solve a range of problems
- Delivers outputs that are clearly defined, using discretion over how to achieve them
- Makes suggestions for improvements to the work of the team, based on previous experience and knowledge of similar situations
The role is intended to bring the role holder up to the level where they have:
- A base level of understanding in the workings of both a Financial Services Group and an Internal Audit function;
- A good understanding of the behaviours required to succeed in a respectful workplace where teamwork is essential;
- An ability to work effectively in a team and contribute to understanding and assessing key operational processes and operational risks inherent within them;
- Confidence to undertake specific audit tests without supervision to identify weaknesses in the control environment that exists to mitigate inherent operational risks;
- Confidence to challenge and critically assess the effectiveness of established procedures and controls; and,
- An ability to articulate effectively both orally and in writing within the team.
To succeed you will need to demonstrate the following qualities:
- Be eager to learn, to take on new challenges, and to take ownership of your work;
- Be able to build relationships to work collaboratively;
- Be able to challenge, be challenged, and to value and respect the views of others;
- Be willing to share your knowledge and ideas and ask for help when you need it;
- Be able to review and process information quickly; and,
- Be able to communicate clearly to meet the needs of your audience.
Your main responsibilities will include:
Planning & Risk Assessment
- Collating and reviewing information as directed to help identify key risks and scope areas.
- Update TeamMate+ records of processes, activity and risk as directed.
- Travelling to different sites when necessary to meet relevant staff and review documents and information.
- Performing or providing support for audit testing across different business/operational areas as directed.
- Producing and maintaining audit files and working papers to a consistently high standard in accordance with directions from the assignment manager and the requirements of the Internal Audit Standards Manual.
- Treating the personal data of our customers, employees and other individuals lawfully and in accordance with current Data Protection laws, and other related legislation.
- Discussing the results of audit testing and any resultant observations with the Field Manager on the audit assignment.
- Raising exceptions to inform observations and/ or drafting observations for own issues to a good standard in line with the requirements of the Internal Audit Standards Manual for inclusion in the draft report.
- Supporting the process to close audit issues as directed.
- Assisting in the discussion of the results of audit testing with stakeholders to agree observations to be raised.
- Acting with integrity, professionalism, and respect at all times to ensure that the Internal Audit function is seen in the correct light.
- Providing constructive 360 feedback during audit and in post audit assignment debriefs and proactively seeking for feedback from peers and other colleagues where applicable.
- Develop a challenging but realistic personal development plan with your mentor manager.
- Developing good professional working relationships with colleagues.
- Support effective time management and capacity planning, ensuring utilisation rates as per designated grade are achieved and time-sheets are completed on time.
- Actively participate in any Audit Community to which you belong.
- Proactively seek learning opportunities to develop knowledge and experience either through training or assignments.
- Contribute in team activities and treat colleagues with respect to contribute to a positive team environment.
- Comply with all mandatory conduct, training and disclosure requirements to help ensure that the Internal Audit function is not tarnished.
Recruiter: Tom Hunt
Work Level: Experienced Colleague
Closing Date: 25th November