Tax - Tax & Legal Services - Finance & Operations - Manager - Amman
DescriptionAt PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
Job Description & Summary
A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You’ll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
Our Finance Operations team manages PwC’s financial risk through financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and tactical consulting. As a part of our team, you’ll assist us with budgeting, reporting, business operations, domestic and international accounting operations, and finance strategy.
Support the Tax and Legal Services (TLS) Finance lead and take ownership of managing the end to end planning, budgeting and forecast process, including liaising with the business, budget holders and FP&A team.
Control over TLS costs, ensuring adherence to budget, exploring opportunities of cost control, and prepare monthly actual versus budget analysis.
Manage, coach, and guide team members.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Identify and implement cost optimization initiatives across TLS
- Ensure adherence to budgets, highlighting variance and mounting challenge as appropriate
- Overseeing of all internal cost codes for all charge types, monitor and clear as appropriate, ensuring a proactive approach to internal job code management across TLS.
- Interface between Finance team across TLS & Central finance for escalated issues to ensure proper control over costs
- Act as a single point of contact for Budget holders
- Ensure a high quality, timely, consistent delivery of service across TLS
- Build a strong business relationship with Finance and Operation teams across ME and act as a key resource and liaison with budget holders
Budgeting, Planning & forecasting
- Full responsibility of process
- Confident in using systems & tools
- Lead in discussions with business
- Consolidation, review & validation of budgets
- Agree targets and communication
- Liaise with business leaders and central finance
- Monthly cost analysis against budgets, investigate and follow-up on any variances (pre & post final)
- Direct Cost forecasting and planning
- Monthly analysis in depth of all costs pools
- Staff headcount and team performance review (Utilisation/Joiners/Leavers/staff movement)
- Ensure all costs are correctly accounted for against the correct account codes
- Support in the TLS Recruitment approval process
Monthly Performance Reporting
- Provide a monthly commentary on costs against budgets
- Support & Liaise with the Regional TLS Finance and Operation team
- Ad hoc reporting
Learning & Growth
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other areas of the business, building cross-team relationships as needed
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field required
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic
- 5+ years of experience in financial business control or business operations role including at least 3 year experience in budgeting and forecasting
- Demonstrated experience with financial accounting, management accounting, financial control a senior leadership position
- Experience in enforcing cost control across a region
- Ability to influence others while maintaining a strong working relationship with managers across the business
- Strong financial, analytical and accounting skills
- Excellent level of accuracy to a high level of detail
- Excellent calculation and analytical skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- In depth knowledge of financial operations and processes, including accounting, reporting and financial control activities would be advantageous
- Ability to influence senior management and to maintain a strong working relationship with managers across the organization
- Good organisation and office management skills to ensure coverage of workload
- Excellent project management and change management skills
- Organization, thoroughness, eye for detail, time management skills and proactivity needed
- Skilled in maintaining relationships
- Strong liaison skills, with the ability to maintain geographical relationships
- Excellent people management skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong decision making skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ethical Conduct
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
Job Posting End Date
November 30, 2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.