Senior Consultant - Financial services (Insurance)
Senior Consultant - Financial services (Insurance, Banking)
We are looking for a colleague who is keen to be a part of our growing team of Financial Accounting Advisory Services (“FAAS”) specializing on financial services industry. Our FAAS professionals are key business advisors to the CFOs of banks, insurance companies, leasing companies or asset management institutions.
We provide advisory services encompassing:
- Accounting and regulatory support on accounting change in IFRS (IFRS conversion and implementation, new standards implementation) and Czech Accounting Legislation
- Financial consolidation
- Transactions accounting
- Audit readiness and audit remediation services
- Finance function strategic transformation
- Accounting, reporting and controlling process design and information systems implementation
- Finance process optimization and automation incl. Robotics Process Automation
- Data analytics and visualization
- Short term assignments to finance functions – accounting specialist, compliance specialist, consolidation specialist, controller etc.
Your job responsibilities:
- You will assist with the project delivery and project management both during on-site as well as off-site client support and you will report to the project manager or more senior colleagues.
- During the projects you will be led to manage your daily tasks independently, cooperate with other EY team members and communicate to client’s personnel
- You will cooperate and exchange experience with other colleagues in Financial services practice and with other business area focused colleagues in the Czech Republic.
- You will be developing your own skills and experience with new technologies as well and you will be learning from the senior colleagues and managers how to tackle the new challenges you are facing.
- You will learn and than apply all analytical, technical and interpersonal skills in this role.
- Required knowledge in any of the below areas (and preferred up to 2 years working experience):
- financial reporting and/or consolidation for financial institutions
- accounting methodology for financial institutions
- controlling department of a financial institution
- treasury management of controlling department
- or Master degree from university with specialization in banking, insurance, capital markets, financial mathematics or equivalent.
- Knowledge of IFRS’s for financial instruments and/or insurance contracts is advantage.
- Good communication skills both in Czech/Slovak and English
- Knowledge of MS Office (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Access)
- Willingness to operate in a variety of sectors
- Willingness to work with new technologies
- Analytical mindset and critical thinking
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Willingness for occasional travelling
What we offer:
- Work in a team of young people who enjoy being together both in the office and outside of work
- Variety of training programs (both internal and external)
- Developing a broad business knowledge, making you a trusted finance function advisor to your clients
- Interesting portfolio of clients and projects from various industry in the Czech Republic
- Competitive compensation package and a wide range of benefits as per your own choice
- 5 weeks of vacation, 5 sick days and cafeteria benefit system
- Modern offices in the center of Prague
- Contract of an indefinite period
- Start date: flexible, based on agreement