Assurance - Data Analytics (Financial Services), Senior Associate
The Assurance Business specialise in delivering high quality and efficient audit to some of the world’s best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, regulatory reporting and regulatory compliance based on information from all aspects of their business. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data. You’ll use your professional skills and experience to understand the enterprise-wide view of business risk and how this risk can be effectively managed. You will be handling complex data from EY’s assurance clients, working alongside a diverse range of engagement teams to supporting our extensive digital initiatives.
We currently are seeking qualified candidates for an excellent career and leadership opportunity in our Assurance Financial Service Office (FSO) group. Our talented and dedicated FSO professionals deliver audit solutions to many types of entities including funds, banks and insurance companies.
EY are looking for a talented and experienced analyst to join our Assurance Digital team to continue to build our data extraction and analytics capabilities for our digital audit initiatives. You will be using your ETL capabilities and project management experience to support obtaining external financial data for use by audit teams in a dynamic client facing data analytics team.
In return for helping us build a better working world you can expect excellent career opportunities within a dynamic and collaborative environment.
The role of Senior – Data Analytic and Enablement, based in Kuala Lumpur, will be responsible for data extraction in the market with some exposure to internal clients supporting data extraction from client financial systems.
Your key responsibilities
You will deliver results by using data analytics to deal with large, disparate volumes of data to assist your client group gain critical insights.You will have a chance work with large/listed clients and the latest data systems to enjoy a truly rewarding and successful career at EY. Primarily, your contributions include, but not limited to the following:
- Extract and transform a variety of client financial data for use in our state-of-the-art audit tools dedicated for audit data analytics in consultation with the audit teams
- Support the internal promotion of the extraction support available
- Using analytical and visualisation software to access, transform, integrate, analyse and visualise client data to help solve real problems and provide real business insights through identification of anomalies and unusual patterns and trends in data
- Coordinate and assist to deliver on a portfolio of data analytics engagements
- Work on audit innovation projects and use programming tools/ robotics software to automate manual audit tasks for efficiency and cost savings
- Helping audit teams and clients to identify and extract required data from complex IT systems
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong drive to excel professionally, and to guide and motivate others
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Dedicated, innovative, resourceful, analytical and able to work under pressure
- Foster an efficient, innovative and team-oriented work environment
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Accounting & Science, Statistics, Econometrics, Data Science, Data Analytics, Engineering or a related field
- Minimum of three years of work experience in data analysis environment
- Basic understanding of accounting/ auditing concepts with some working experience in financial audit/ IT audit is a plus
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Good project management experience in managing multiple projects with conflicting demands, timeframes and stakeholders
- Proven ability to deal well with high pressure situations such as frequent deadlines
- Proven ability to solve problems and offer solutions to new and challenging situations
- Proven ability to manage time effectively including when working with a portfolio of clients
- Proven ability to find the right extraction solution to solve the current need
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and all MS Office Suite products, including Excel Macros and VBA programming is require
- Experience with Alteryx, Tableau, Spotfire or PowerBI to access, transform, integrate, analyse and visualise client data
- Experience with AI/RPA/Automation software is a plus.
- Experience with Python/ R or other programming languages is a plus
- Experience in extracting information from financial systems
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing working environment. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident leader equipped with strong people management skills and a genuine passion to make things happen in a dynamic organization. If you’re ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What we offer
EY offers a competitive remuneration package commensurate with your work experience, where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements (FWA), where this may be needed, guided by our FWA Policy. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
- EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
- Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
- Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.