Client Services Senior Accountant
To provide high quality service deliverables to the firm’s Private Equity (PE) Clients you are responsible for, ensuring all deliverables are met and the clients expectations are managed and met on a day to day basis.
This entails reviewing all Financial Statements and disclosures and ad-hoc client deliverables in relation to providing fund administration services to PE clients.
Expected to help improve the processes and efficiencies of the department.
Be subject matter expert of PE Fund Structures accounting and administration processes.
- Managing financial servicing for a portfolio of PE clients ensuring the smooth running of day to day relationship with clients and consistent delivery of client reporting/ information accurately and on time
- Be an ‘expert’ on designated clients including understanding technical details of their LPA, SLA, Fee Agreement and any technical nuances
- Minimize risk to IQ-EQ by ensuring all procedures and checklists are followed by all team members
- Liaise with auditors, banks, brokers, custodian and regulatory authorities i.e. ACRA, IRAS, MAS, CIMA
- To play as a mentor role in giving guidance to Junior Accountant within the team, ensuring the daily operation running smooth; and sharing the industry's knowledge/experience to the team members.
Tasks / Duties:
- Deliver timely quality service to the client to ensure all requests for designated clients are met, ensuring any client/investor queries are responded to within 24 hours
- Complete a review on designated client work (includes NAV, Financial Statements and other Ad Hoc Tasks) and assist on reviews for other teams as required
- Ensure that KPIs are developed, implemented and reported quarterly in accordance with agreed SLA’s
- Prepare quarter end timetable for all client work and manage quarter end process to ensure all deliverables adequately resourced and completed on time
- Maintain regular contact with client through weekly phone calls and emails detailing upcoming deliverables and progress thereof.
- Assist with new business take on where required.
Management of Workflow
- Work with Back Office on client deliverables to ensure adequate resources are allocated and fully utilised
- Ensure Back Office are preparing all work to a standard suitable for client review
- Provide constructive feedback to Back Office on a timely basis and ensure Back Office receive appropriate development support
- Plan workloads and utilise support team / additional resources where necessary to ensure deadlines are achieved
- Ensure reconciled cash balances are maintained for clients at all times.
IQ-EQ Fee Management
- Ensure our electronic time sheets are completed daily, and accurately for all hours worked and recording ad hoc work completed for billing purposes
- Understand and use best practice on Investran (accounting platform)
- Understand and make best use of the functionality in our software when producing accounts
- Ensure client database is up to date and accurate in Investran (contact changes completed within 24 hours of receipt) and Outlook databases for client related changes
- Ensure relevant procedures and checklists are adhered to by staff to minimise risk of errors
- Report any breaches, complaints or errors to Compliance officer promptly
- Ensure all error reports are completed for review by the Senior Accountant on the day an error is identified
- Undertake any additional reasonable requests as deemed by the firm
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, CPA or equivalent
- 4-5 years relevant experience
- Experience of managing service operations and managing client deliverables
- Experience in preparation and review of Financial Statements with notes
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable communicating with Senior Management
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills with particular focus on Excel skills
- ‘Can do’ attitude, ability to cope with tight deadlines, working under pressure and lead by example
- Knowledge of private equity industry is essential
- Advanced Excel skills including Pivot Tables and data analytics
- Experience working in Financial Services office environment
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.Company description
IQ-EQ is a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.