Manager/Senior Manager, Valuation, Modeling & Economics, Strategy and Transactions
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We currently have career opportunity for Managers/Senior Managers to join our Valuation, Modeling & Economics group within Strategy and Transactions service line in Singapore. We work across all industries and operate in a broad range of disciplines including:
- Decision support
- Transaction evaluation
- Strategic planning and capital allocation
- Business case development
- Budgeting, forecasting and planning
- Data analytics and visualization
- Other bespoke model development
Your key responsibilities
- Deliver on engagements for clients throughout Asia
- Have a primary focus on valuation and decision support modelling services
- Provide clients with modelling solutions, data analytics and analysis to address complex business problems
- Lead and be a part of project teams comprising colleagues from across the SaT sub-service lines and firm competencies
- Build strong working relationships with senior clients, including influence, advice and support to key decision makers
- Build the existing business through internal and external business development
- As part of your career development, you will: participate in / lead sales opportunities with senior team members and clients; assist in / lead preparing proposal documents; be supported in building client relationships at all levels. You will be expected to be innovative and insightful in considering industry trends and potential disruptions.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong financial modelling skills with a proven ability to create robust and flexible financial models based on the client’s financial and operational information
- Strong numerical and analytical skills, with a demonstrated aptitude in quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, with a focus on building internal and external networks
- Managing and reviewing the work of junior staff members within a high performing team environment
- Developing and guide junior staff by providing timely, and effective performance feedback/training
- Acting as a counsellor to junior staff members to help them achieve their career goals
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor's or Master’s degree in accounting, business, finance or economics
- At least 4-5 years of relevant work experience in the fields of: valuation, financial modelling, FP&A
- Strong financial modelling skills and the ability to create fit for purpose financial models (e.g., cash flow, integrated financial statement, operational and decision support models) using best practice techniques and applying sound commercial judgment
- Demonstrated capability in using visualization software and managing data sets (PowerBI, Spotfire, Tableau, Alteryx, etc.)
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- A strong work ethic and the ability to adapt to new challenges in a collaborative team environment
- Tolerance for extensive travel
Ideally, you also have
- CPA or CFA
- A proven record of excellence in a merger integration, acquisitions, divestitures, carve outs
- Experience gained within another large professional services organization
- Established networking skills in a relevant industry
What we offer
- Continuous learning:You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you:We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership:We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture:You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.