Senior Consultant - Manager, Fixed Assets Advisory, Jordan
In Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) within Assurance, we assist our clients to address complex accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. You will be part of a team that provides insight and services that accelerate analytics, decision-making and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient finance function. You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching.
That is how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
We are looking for talented consulting professionals, experienced in delivering high-quality finance and accounting advisory projects, with a particular focus on fixed assets management. In this role you will be required to participate as an individual contributor and team member with senior finance and accounting practitioners on complex fixed assets financial and accounting matters. We’re looking for ambitious people to help drive and support this agenda while learning about the intricacies of dealing with diverse clients in a challenging yet rewarding environment.
Your key responsibilities
As an individual supporting the Fixed Assets team, you'll make a technical contribution to clients in a lead role in both the public and private sectors. You'll actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships, execute complex fixed assets advisory engagements, supervise junior team members and help define strategy. Working under the supervision of a financial accounting advisory leader, you'll also help execute our work and present findings to the client.
With a clear focus on anticipating and identifying risks, you'll escalate issues as appropriate. Working closely with colleagues, you'll determine whether the work plan is properly executed, documented and concluded in compliance with our Quality & Risk Management (Q&RM) guidelines. As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture, will coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
Skills and attributes for success
Pro-activity, accountability and results-driven people will flourish in this environment. Dealing with competing priorities, understanding how to manage resources and communicating effectively are key skills. This will have a huge impact on those around you and help promote a positive work ethic.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Professional qualification (CPA, ACCA, CA) and / or bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting (engineering degree will be a plus)
- Minimum of three years of consultancy experience (in particular project management), with a specific focus in Fixed Assets management within the public and private sector
- Strong understanding/experience of IFRS, specifically IAS 16 “Property, Plant and Equipment”, IAS 36 “Impairment of Assets”, IFRS 13 “Fair Value Measurement” and knowledge of IPSAS 17 “Property, plant and equipment”. Knowledge in enterprise asset management (ISO 55000) will be a plus.
- Experience in data management and analytical skills (fixed asset analytical skills in relation to data collection, data assessment, data readiness, reconciliations and categorization/classification).
- Proficient in MS Excel with a focus on Pivot, Power pivot and macros. Proficiency in statistical tools i.e. Python or R will be plus.
- Experience in fixed asset register build and reconstruction including thorough understanding of asset recognition/recording criteria and asset categorisation/componentization concepts
- Experience in documentation of fixed asset financial / accounting and operational policies and procedures
- Fluent in both English and Arabic with strong presentation and writing skills
- Flexibility to travel across the MENA region based on client engagements
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Track record with a leading consulting firm
- Sector experience in one or more of the following: Construction, Energy, Financial Services, Government & Public Sector
What we look for
We are interested in entrepreneurs who have the confidence to develop and promote a brand new strategic vision both internally and externally. You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.