Supervise the audit fieldwork of associates and review their work products to ensure the audit is thorough and properly documented. Seniors are also responsible for identifying and documenting audit risks, creating and managing client relationships, administering budget issues, and ensuring that the audit manager and partner are adequately informed of all relevant items.
- Evaluate the client's internal controls, prepare the audit program, perform audit tests according to the audit manual and schedule the engagement;
- Review working papers for accuracy and completion, financial statements for suitability of presentation and adequacy of disclosures and documentation of discussions with clients;
- Summarize engagement, make planning points for the next year, prepare management letters, draft reports, and prepare routine client correspondence;
- Follow the progress of the engagement and resolve auditing and accounting problems;
- Coordinate the review of files by the Audit Manager;
- Keep the Audit Manager aware of the progress of the engagement, consult with the Audit Manager on problem areas, and review with him/her any significant audit findings.