What’s the role?
The purpose of this position is to be a key team player in supporting the process-related activities and acting as the first point of contact for the Trading Settlements team members and external Stakeholders for any operational (process) matters. A Specialist acts as a role model presenting One Finance behaviors.
A Specialist is responsible for ensuring operational excellence and process compliance as well as maintaining a high-quality control framework, identifying the areas for improvement and automation, but also presenting the ideas to solve a problem and document it as per internal requirements.
The Trading Settlements processes are complex, risk exposure due to the ever-changing regulatory environment, and often time-critical. They involve close cooperation with different teams (Traders, Operations, Tax, Financial Accounting, Process Excellence, etc.) within the Trading business at the various Trading locations.
More specifically, your role will include:
- To ensure settlement activities are made on time in line with the agreed metrics, KPIs, and service standards.
- To be responsible for period-end close (on a monthly, quarterly, and yearly basis) activities were required.
- To handle the account reconciliation process (both analyze & review/approve)
- To contribute to the debt chasing process.
- To maintain systems and procedures effectively and properly, in line with Control Framework to operate, review and sign off controls within the team's scope.
- To be responsible for completion of Audit requirements
- To improve current processes, systems, and procedures to meet Business and Trading Settlements requirements, to contribute to related efforts to achieve and maintain top quartile performance and deliver related benefits.
We are keen to hear from men and women who have a bachelor's or master's degree, preferably in Economics, Accounting, or Finance. Beyond that, we'd hope to see as many following as possible on You CV:
- To have excellent accounting knowledge to understand the flow of entries in the e2e Account Payables & Receivables processes.
- To demonstrate fluency in English on B2/C1 level.
- To have a Professional or Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- To have more than 3 years' experience in a similar position will be an asset.
- To demonstrate an ability to work effectively and efficiently while under the pressure of time and with competing priorities.
- To show flexibility and adapt easily to new challenges and/or changes.
- To present resilience and to be adaptable to growing business challenges.
- To demonstrate an excellent working knowledge of MS Office.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.