Manager Operations Hedge Accounting
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
The hedge accounting team is part of the Treasury Finance function within RBS Finance.
The team performs accounting/hedge accounting and financial reporting for derivatives in hedging portfolios mainly Group Treasury including ALM, Liquidity Operations, Capital Management, Securitisation and Group Funding in order to protect Group profits, capital and dividends from volatility.
Do work that matters
- Support the deal and hedge relationship capture in the internal hedge accounting database including associated documentation, accounting rules and effectiveness testing
- Review the designation and de-designation of hedges for compliance with AASB139 and liaise with and advise Treasury deal makers on hedging issues
- Review hedge effectiveness results, analyse/identify reasons for hedge failures and de-designate hedge relationships as required
- Provide analysis to management on P&L and BS movements and impacts
- Prepare monthly IFRS accounting journals, pass journals to PeopleSoft ledger and provide documentary support and analysis, including tax requirements
- Perform monthly reconciliations of CHARMS to PeopleSoft GL to ensure accuracy and completeness from source systems. Troubleshoot issues and enhance/develop system processes and reconciliations to ensure data accuracy
- Assist with the completion of periodic regulatory and group financial reporting submissions
- Assist with the review of operational procedures including correct hedge accounting implications
- Build relationships with other Treasury Finance teams, offshore branches and various trading desks
We’re interested in hearing from people who
- CA / CPA Qualified
- Knowledge of treasury products, pricing and associated accounting treatments
- Sound understanding of hedge accounting concepts and principles
- Ability to apply critical thinking and an analytical approach to problem solving
- Strong database query tools, reporting tools, MS Excel, general ledger and product systems such as Murex.
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 30/11/2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.