Experienced Audit Assistant- Fixed Term
USGAAP Industry expertise – 1. Commercial audits – Manufacturing/Health care/Life-science/Not for profit/Technology
2.Financial Services Audits Insurance/Banking/Broker Dealer/Real estate/Asset management.
The key job responsibilities include the following:
• Developing knowledge in complex technical issues.
• Able to identify issues and propose solutions.
• Independently initiate and complete complex portions of engagements.
• Continuously expand own knowledge and skills through participation in industry education events.
. Proactively self-assess performance and progress.
• Increase staff’s technical knowledge through training.
• Develop an understanding of the BDO audit approach, methodology and tools.
• Demonstrate good judgement in routine, day-to-day decision-making.
• Effectively distribute work to staff.
• Review staff work, ensuring high quality and accuracy.
• Act as an informal mentor to the staff.
• Effectively prioritize and manage work on engagements.
• Communicate information to keep team updated.
• Demonstrate positive attitude towards colleagues and work.
• Identify potential services that might be of value for the client to Manager /Partner.
• Keep clients current on engagement status.
• Review staffs’ work and provides value-add comments and feedback.
• Consistently provide written and verbal job reviews for staff.
• Able to speak about how we apply the firm values to our work, the profession and our community. • Execute components of audit under remote service delivery model in an effective and efficient manner.
• Develop and enhance good relationship with U.S. audit teams.
• Demonstrate maturity, poise and self-confidence in managing self and dealing with colleagues.
• Understand and adapt to the BDO corporate culture
Graduates/ Semi Qualified CA/ CPA / ACCA (Minimum 9 papers completed)
- Minimum 3 Months of Corporate Experience (Big 4s preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Prior experience with various assurance applications and research tools preferred
Other Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions as directed
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Ability and willingness to travel, as needed, required
- Takes appropriate actions without being asked
- Basic understanding and experience planning and coordinating the stages to perform an audit of a basic public and/or private company.
Note:- We may look at offering you a full time role basis your performance post your contract period.*