Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom; London, Greater London, United Kingdom; Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Overall job purpose
As part of the RSM Corporate Finance Faculty’s growth objectives, we are looking for an experienced Manager to join the team. We are looking to strengthen the Corporate Finance team and grow the execution and origination capabilities and as such this role will be key in achieving our ambitions.
The RSM Lead Advisory team advises private Shareholders and Management teams to achieve their strategic goals through acquisitions, fund raisings and exit. Our team plays a key role in advising on a wide variety of corporate transactions, interacting with clients and other professionals comprising private equity, banks and lawyers, taking a lead role in the preparation of business plans / information memoranda and are closely involved in deal negotiation.
- Participate in the execution of transactions across the client portfolio, preparing key documentation for disposals, acquisitions and fund-raising including information memoranda and business plans.
- You will take an active role in business development activities including involvement in the preparation of pitch documents and other marketing materials and involvement in meeting with existing / target clients.
- There will be an opportunity for you to get involved in a number of projects, managing assignments/work streams and the teams reporting to the responsible Director/Partner.
- In addition, you will have responsibility for the following:
- Project managing transactions - taking the lead in key areas in client meetings and contribution on wider issues Management of risk issues on all assignments and application of firm's policy in relation to engagement terms.
- Preparing and reviewing transaction documentation – business plans, information memorandum and financial forecasts.
- Managing the research and approach to potential buyers for clients.
- Research and prepare for new deal opportunities and proposals.
- Competent with financial model for transactions.
- Work closely with the Corporate Finance partners and colleagues on business development including networking, originating leads and presentations at seminars and workshops.
- Building a network across industry, private equity, banks, legal and other advisors: a self-motivator who is comfortable taking the lead in contacting and developing new relationships within the wider market place.
Personal and professional qualities
- Previous experience working within Corporate Finance would be beneficial.
- A track record of working on buy-side and sell-side, as well as finance raising.
- Strong numerical, financial and modelling skills based on a well-developed understanding of financial statements
- Proven ability to produce high quality professional documents for clients and internal use.
- Client facing experience from a professional services background.
- High degree of personal drive and motivation to succeed.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.