Tax & Legal Services - Tax - Translation Associate - Amman
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We’re a network of firms in 158 countries with more than 236,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,200 people across 12 countries. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.Job Description & Summary
Due to the rapid growth of our regional Tax & Legal Services (TLS), we currently have opportunities for ambitious and motivated professionals who are able to communicate comfortably in English and Arabic as part of virtual teams.
Translators are required for our in-house translation centre based in Jordan. We support the mainstream Tax departments and work on a huge range of clients across the region.
We pursue developing our capabilities in all lines of service to embed our PwC verbal identify in Arabic. In this business area we utilise SDL Trades to assist in the translation of financial statements, proposals, reports, letters and various other types of documents needed in a professional services firm. We offer full time employment in a modern office environment.
What you will be doing:
- You will be required to possess strong project management skills to execute the process work flow from the beginning to its final review stage, thereby working with people of different level of experience in the business area.
- Developing yourself personally, taking a keen interest in the translation services and learning the skills needed to execute them to a high level of quality in an efficient way.
- Based on request requirements the candidates will provide the service against agreed deadlines and monitors the time spent which is recorded on a time sheet system daily.
- Working with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives.
- Keeping up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world in PwC’s service delivery centres.
- As Translators in the TLS team, the role includes wider practice communication responsibilities which relate to the execution of the individual work request.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant subject areas such as English and Arabic language.
- Years of Experience: 0 - 2 .
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. They will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
- Language Skills: Must have excellent communication (written and verbal) skills in English, native level of Arabic with ability to localisation in Middle East region.
- Prior translation / proofreading experience in financial/accountancy/tax/consulting and related fields and acute attention to detail, spelling and grammar are reflected in our evaluation of your skills.
- Successful candidates who grow in this role aim for certifications in their field.
- Ability to learn in a culture where one takes responsibility for their personal growth and development.
- Experience to work under pressure and meeting multiple deadlines a day while maintain a positive attitude and exemplary customer service.
- Strong interest and passion for attention to detail in a multi-cultural working environment.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Proven IT skills in the following programmes MS Office: word, excel and power point; SDL Trados.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East where the project dictates might be required.
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues across different countries in the region on the translation project to ensure it is conducted in accordance with the expectation of the client lead, not breaching PwC brand guidance (verbal and visual).
EducationDegrees/Field of Study required:Degrees/Field of Study preferred:
Travel RequirementsNot Specified
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?No
Government Clearance Required?Yes
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.