Senior Associate - Deals Strategy
DescriptionWhether you’ve just graduated or have years of experience, this is a firm where you can learn and grow.
It’s the PwC experience that stays with you as you build strong networks and make lasting friendships. Be part of a larger team as we work together, drawing on everyone's knowledge and skills to reimagine the possible.
Join PwC today for the experience that stays with you.
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Deals Strategy practice, within Deals, will provide you the opportunity to help organisations realise the potential of mergers, acquisitions and divestitures and capital markets. In short, we help some of the world’s leading companies originate, create, execute and realise value from deals. Through data driven insights we help our clients move in the right direction ensuring maximum value for their company.
Our team operates across a broad range of sectors, with particular areas of strength in Healthcare, Technology/Digital, Financial Services, Retail and Consumer, Education and Logistics.
Are you looking for an exciting role at a fast growing Strategy team focused on the Deals space? If so, we would be keen to talk. We are currently building and investing in our team in Kuala Lumpur, looking for exceptional individuals to join us.
As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to Deals execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Support clients' expansion plans and M&A strategy, focusing on commercial due diligence, business plan review and market entry assessment
- Proactively assist in the management of clients, while reporting to Managers and above
- Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
- Commitment to personal career growth and development
- Team player and proactively contribute to business growth
- Keep up to date with local and regional deals, business and economic issues
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
Individuals we are looking to join our team, should preferably have the following:
- At least 3 to 5 years of Deals Strategy experience covering:
- M&A Strategy: commercial due diligence, business plan validation, competitive benchmarking, synergy assessment, and target search and screen
- Market Entry: market assessment, market entry study and strategy, benchmarking studies, commercial and financial feasibility
- Corporate Strategy: value creation and strategic positioning, business plan and financial modelling, business operations review and strategic roadmaps
- Strategy consulting, financial advisory, banking strategy, investment/private equity, business planning or corporate strategy experience will be advantageous
- Undergraduate/Postgraduate degree in Business/Management/Finance/Accounting or other relevant disciplines
- Proven track record in project management, business development, financial analysis and investment evaluation
- Strong desire to learn and grow, demonstrate resilience, leadership, business acumen, teamwork and client servicing ability
- Strong analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative) and communication skills in both oral and written English
In Return, What We Offer Those Who Join Us
- Working hand-in-hand with a highly capable and fast-growing talented team of strategy professionals, in an environment of camaraderie which promotes innovation and creative thinking
- Integration into the global PwC Strategy and Deals network for best practices
- Fast-paced environment, with the nature of our projects often being shorter in length, high intensity, and involves dealing with senior-level clients in exciting industries
- An exceptional mix of experiences and opportunities spanning corporate strategy and strategy in the deals market
- Opportunities for accelerated personal and professional growth, and a long term career at PwC
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified due to the high number of applicants for this role
Additional application instructions
Please attach following documents along with your CV when you submit an online application:
- Certificate and Transcripts from SPM onwards
- A copy of your NRIC or passport
- Recent passport size picture
Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.