The Liquidations Specialist has responsibility for providing comprehensive support to the Liquidations team in the provision of termination services to corporate entities and partnerships.
- Independently manage a high volume portfolio consisting of company voluntary liquidations, partnership dissolutions, mutual fund de-registrations, strike-offs and foreign company cessations
- Interpret financial statements and transaction documents, meeting minutes, statutory records and other relevant information obtained in connection with a Cayman Islands wind-up
- Independently evaluate the financial status of an entity and conclude on its position
- Independently direct and guide clients through the following processes, namely: voluntary liquidations, partnership dissolutions, mutual fund de-registrations, strike-offs and foreign entity cessations
- Review and prepare liquidation, partnership dissolution, Cayman Islands Monetary Authority (“CIMA”) deregistration, Securities Investment Business License deregistration and limited liability company removal documents
- Ensure that statutory liquidation, dissolution and de-registration filings are attended to within the required deadline and in accordance with local legislation and regulatory requirements, including FATCA and CRS
- Prioritise client requests and attend to general correspondence with the Registrar of Companies, CIMA, attorneys, and third party service providers
- Accurately process all required statutory filings and REEFS filings
- Consistently monitor and minimize receivables while ensuring timely settlement of all termination invoices
- Develop effective working relationships with clients and business partners
- Assist with the collection of KYC information
- Assist with ad hoc projects as requested by the Client Relationship Manager, the Vice President or Senior Management
Do you have what our team needs?
- University degree and at least 3 years’ equivalent work experience in accountancy, legal, trust or company administration; or a minimum of 3 years’ experience administering liquidations, partnership dissolutions, mutual fund de-registrations, strike offs and foreign entity cessations
- Proven experience processing Cayman Islands liquidations, dissolutions and de-registrations
- Understanding of corporate governance, relevant local regulations and best practices
- Experience in successfully multi-tasking while delivering exceptional client service
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills with experience in successfully working as part of a team
- Experience in successfully liaising with clients via telephone, email and face to face meetings
- Ability to keep up to date with changes in legislation and best practice
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience of CORIS, EDMS, REEFS, ViewPoint and Adex software is required
Call to action
We have the local knowledge and on-the ground presence that our clients need to succeed.
Intertrust professionals have the drive and ability to get things done while applying high standards in their work. Join our team and interact with colleagues and clients from all over the world and become part of a diverse and international group.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.