Assistant Accountant (6 Month FTC)
Global Payments is a Fortune 500 worldwide payment technology and software company, providing the world’s leading complete commerce ecosystem to businesses of every size. Our unique, connected infrastructure serves every dimension of commerce, carrying billions of transactions every year—safely and seamlessly.
In the UK&I we employ over 500 people across 5 sites and work with over 60k customers including blue chip companies such as The Post Office, Brewdog & Trainline.
About the Role
This is an amazing opportunity for a part-qualified accounting professional to come and join our Accounting team in Leicester to play a vital role in supporting the Head of European Accounting. You will be responsible for accounting, reporting and review of the Ireland entity, taking ownership of the revenue generation & billing processes.
- Take the lead on monthly billing of merchants using the proprietary system, and be expected to develop an expertise in this area
- Manage the day to day accounting activities for the local entity, as well as overseeing related processes and controls for the business
- Produce monthly accounting journals for revenue, accrued costs and fixed assets, whilst overseeing the accounts payable entries for the business
- Prepare month end analysis to support roundtable calls, including review of business performance against prior months and explaining causes for variances
- Timely completion of assigned balance sheet reconciliations with full explanations of outstanding balances
- Responsible for accounting of treasury activity to ensure that costs and revenue are correctly recorded
- Assist and correctly account for intercompany transactions
- Undertake monthly analysis of the volume, revenue and cost results against trend, by producing monthly billing files and gaining a good understanding of customer/supplier trends
- Calculate VAT & VAT MOSS returns and manage local VAT queries from customers/suppliers
- Liaise with international colleagues in the finance and accounting departments on month end queries and the alignment of processes to ensure consistency across the group
- Part qualified AAT/ACCA/CIMA
- Minimum 2 years plus experience in Accounting or a similar position
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Good IT skills, especially MS Excel;