Alpha Middle Office team
The role of Middle Office in the organization is to handle critical and time sensitive controls, executions and decisions within investment operations. MO teams are responsible for position management, trade confirmation and settlements, corporate action processing, collateral management, cash and position reconciliation. Many teams have direct contact with clients and act on their behalf while interacting with internal and external parties.
The Collective Operations Administrator is responsible for supporting the CIS placement, Settlement and administration of collective assets to Client Corporate Services business in the UK.
Collective Operations (COPS) are responsible for ensuring all CIS orders generated from fund managers across the organization for both our internal range of funds and some of our external clients, are successfully placed in a timely and accurate basis, for the relevant dealing cut-off point, and are subsequently processed for confirmation and settlement within deadlines.
The major responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Deal placement, Settlement and transmission management.
- Responding and actioning emails in a timely manner
- Investigating all reconciliation exceptions and keeping levels of rec items to a minimum.
- Identifying areas of risk for the team and ensuring mitigating controls are adopted and documented.
- Attending Fund launch and project meetings as a representative of the Collective Operations team
- Have an understanding of the life-cycle of CIS, from within an Asset Manager (front to back) through to the Transfer Agent and Custodian.
- Fund Launches – Oversee the fund launch process, ensuring tasks such as Transfer Agent account opening, signatory mandates are implemented ahead of launch. Any bespoke operating models are documented within Team procedures and checklists.
- Projects – Attending project meetings and ensuring the wider team and manager are aware of impacting pipeline projects. Implementing new models and procedures all the while ensuring risks are considered and challenged. Aladdin configuration must be completed ahead of deadlines and participation in testing where required.
- Due to the volume of continual change such as fund launches, new TA’s, monitor the capacity of the team and highlight where there are inefficient processes in place preventing scalability.
- Second checking colleague’s work.
Extensive knowledge of Collectives.
In-depth understanding of Order Management System’s i.e. Calastone, Fund Connect or similar
Transfer Agent experience.
Understanding of Alternative Assets
- Experience of Relationship Management
- Project Implementation background.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Commerce / Economics with a specialization in Business, Accounting, Finance or equivalent. Professional qualification like CA, CMA, CPA is a plus
- Overall 7-12 years and substantial relevant experience in middle office operations, part of which must have been in a management or supervisory capacity
- Proficient in the middle office functions like trade life cycle, treasury ops, derivatives, income, corp actions, reference data is required
- Knowledge of Aladdin platform is desirable.
- Understanding of operational functions within middle office operations. Ability to provide technical expertise to resolve daily problems
- Should have worked directly with clients and counterparties in a global context
- Should be open to work in EMEA and/or North American shift hours as needed by the business
- A very high level of accuracy, particularly around data management and portfolio positions, is required
- A desire to understand financial markets, to keep abreast of developments and to attain and maintain a high level of professional competence in investment management
- Ability to manage competing priorities and multiple workstreams
- Willingness to engage in all aspects of the Multi-Asset business
- Excellent attention to detail
- Organized and logical approach to working
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and adhere to variable deadlines
- Proactive approach
- Must be able to use initiative to both resolve issues and identify long term solutions
- Controls orientated thinking
- Excellent communication skills, with personnel at all levels
- Approachable and helpful with good interpersonal skills
- Team player, assisting colleagues where possible
- PC literate – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.