Authorised Requestor - 12 month Fixed Term Contract
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we build products and experiences people once couldn’t have envisioned — and now can’t imagine living without.
If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, a career with Apple might be your dream job... Just be prepared to dream big. We have been operating in Cork since 1980. We have grown to over 5,000 employees, serving our customers with critical business functions, which are key to Apple’s continued success. Every single day you will connect with and be supported by your colleagues at one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world. You will have responsibility for contributing to our continued success and be a key player within your job function.
We support and promote career development throughout the organisation, offering an exciting career with many opportunities to enable you to perfect your existing skills and acquire new ones.
You will become a member of the wider Finance team at Apple. With over 300 employees from a multitude of backgrounds, the Finance department in Cork supports all functions of Apple in EMEIA, including sales fulfilment, Logistics, Manufacturing and Operations, Apple Music, Apple Retail as well as the Global Business Solutions function.
Working within the P2P GBS organisation, the Authorised Requestor will work closely with various business partners across multiple lines of business, monitoring and reviewing spend and driving the Purchase to Pay process. You will manage and control expenses through helping your business partners create & monitor purchase orders: partnering with all stakeholders in the P2P Process. Work closely with Accounts Payable to have invoices paid, and ensure operating budgets are adhered to.Key Qualifications Demonstrated ability to build effective business partnershipsComfortable working with multiple business partners across multiple business functionsAbility to handle multiple tasks and adapt to a global, fast-paced environmentAbility to problem solve and effectively prioritise one's workloadExcellent communication skillsDetail oriented and strong organisation skillsMust be able to exercise good judgment and discretion while applying Apple policyProficient with Microsoft ExcelProficient with SAPOther financial systems and tools experience a plus: eApproval, Tableau, Supplier Connect Description
- Helps direct business partners on the correct way to make a purchase (e.g. PO, P-Card, AOU Portal, etc) and tools to use to self-service
- Support business partners and suppliers in Supplier set-up
- Ensure purchase requisitions are raised in a timely manner and accordance with negotiated contracts and Apple Policy requirements
- Have a good understanding of finance and accounting principles (e.g. recognising expenses in the correct period; understanding assets vs expenses; etc)
- Ensure invoices are approved in a timely manner and with the proper level of support, while using the appropriate level of judgement
- Manage POs, including closing POs that are no longer needed and raising change orders to add funds to existing POs when needed
- Works with FA and Business Partners to support the quarter end close process (e.g. provide open POs; identify invoices in process; provide insight on work performed; is aware of historical trends; etc)
- Is an expert on the P2P process and tools
- Has a good working relationship with business partners
- Strives to meet service level targets (e.g. Discount attainment, on-time payments, etc)
- Understands controls and complies with SOX requirements and can effectively communicate those controls and requirements to business partners
- Is highly efficient at processing Purchase Requisitions and Invoices, while maintaining the appropriate level of oversight
- Work with the business and/or suppliers to ensure they are aware of the best ways to invoice Apple to ensure invoices can be processed and paid in a timely and compliant manner
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or equivalent experience
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.