Director of Payroll Compliance (UK & ROI)
The Director of Payroll Compliance (UK & ROI) role is key for maintaining the market position in UK payroll and for helping to take the business to the next level of payroll capabilities.
A global leader in the field of Payroll, based in modern offices in the Surrey area with free parking provided and very easy access via public transport.
This role could also operate some days from from Manchester, Bristol, or Peterborough.
Hybrid working is also available (2-3 days office based / 2-3 days home based)
The Director of Payroll Compliance (UK & ROI) will be responsible for defining the program of work required by the development teams for delivery against the UK government's defined timescales. Through leading a team of 4 x Business Analysts, the role will be responsible for ensuring that all the required level of detail across all aspects of UK payroll is defined and then explained to other functions within the
The Director of Compliance will also play a key role in providing insights and thought leadership to our client base across the UK and ROI. Working with the External communications manager and other client facing teams, they will help create written and multi-media content for use across the business unit.
The role needs to be a forward-looking role as the Payroll industry moves ahead with technology and deals with changes in the way that society approaches the world of work and payment. In addition to external changes, the business has a culture of innovation and change and will be looking for a leader who can spot internal opportunities for growth and development of the function of compliance across multiple countries.
The ideal candidate for the Director of Payroll Compliance (UK & ROI) role will have;
- Base experience should include 10+ years of working in a role that will have equipped the successful candidate with the in-depth knowledge of UK Payroll regulations and closely aligned areas.
- The candidate needs to be able to demonstrate an ability to translate and communicate business requirements into technical user stories for development purposes.
- To demonstrate strong communication skills through a variety of media formats and to a range of different audiences.
- Experience of managing a small but highly focused team of like-minded associates and maintaining high levels of engagement and creativity.
- Proven ability to partner effectively across functions and levels with the ability to gain shared vision on challenging decisions and priority trade-offs.
- Superior communication and presentation skills, including the ability to communicate subject matter complexities to a wide audience. The ability to be a thought leader internally and externally.
- Patience and commitment, with proven ability to navigate complex environments
- Passion and dedication to delivering great outcomes through a superior customer experience.
- The ability to create a clear, concise presentation of findings, and effectively present to any level of the organization. Identify the critical few priorities and keep a cross-functional team focused on them.
- We are looking for someone with; courage to make the right decisions, resilience to deal with the continuously changing and complex environment, passion for what they do, and attention for the people they work with.
The Director of Payroll Compliance (UK & ROI) opportunity offers a base salary of between £80,000 - £95,000, plus 10% bonus, 10% equity, hybrid working, and a comprehensive benefits package.