Mercury Business Advisor - Finance - The Bahamas
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. As a market segment of the FSO, the BBC includes the Bahamas, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, and Cayman Islands. The BBC operates as one regional practice and we pride ourselves on attracting the best talent from across the globe. By joining the BBC, you will receive unmatched exposure and experience to our continuously growing portfolio of diverse financial services clients.
In today’s fast-changing world, our clients’ needs are increasingly complex and the services we offer are evolving rapidly to meet them. Our internal finance function is continually evolving as well. Our global finance mission is to provide complete, accurate, consistent, timely and insightful financial and operational information/advice that helps build a better working world and achieve our EY strategic ambitions. Finance provides a wide range of services and our team proactively supports our client servers on complex account decisions, annual planning, financial performance management through the year, engagement margin improvement and investment decisions.
We have an exciting career opportunity for a Mercury Business Advisor (Associate) to join our BBC Finance team based in the Bahamas. Joining EY as a Mercury Business Advisory provides you with an excellent opportunity to enter the firm in our internal Core Business Services (CBS) team as a finance professional, while also gaining exposure to our external client-facing service lines of the firm. As a valued member of the finance team, you’ll have the opportunity to ensure high standards of financial management are achieved by acting as a trusted business advisor to your assigned portfolio of partners.
After spending a few years becoming a trusted advisor to your portfolio of partners, you can explore and grow into other roles in keeping with your career goals. EY is determined to give you additional resources to help you build the career that is right for you. Those resources include assigning you a counsellor, an open culture to communicate freely across the firm with other professionals, and numerous learning resources to help you sharpen the skills necessary for your career. While posted for the Bahamas, this position is eligible to be filled in any BBC location.
Your key responsibilities
As a Mercury Business Advisor, you’ll advise and support our client serving teams to effectively manage their external client projects (engagements) from a financial performance perspective. There are two main components of your role: providing impactful, proactive outreach to client serving teams to ensure a financial performance focus on each engagement, and on-demand financial advisory support throughout the engagement life cycle. You’ll be assigned based on service line and will provide support either in person or virtually in a time zone conducive environment.
Through extensive training, you’ll be expected to possess end-to-end Mercury system (SAP finance system) process and policy knowledge. You’ll play a key role to provide the right advice to client serving teams to make the best use of Mercury in order to effectively manage and achieve targeted financial engagement metrics.
You’ll be assigned a book of business of intermediate complexity to help senior executives with engagement analysis, proposing pricing strategies and analyzing budgets against actual figures. You'll also advise on the billing strategies for assigned clients. As well as being the main contact for client related financial analysis and advice, you'll also help EY executives comply with EY finance and quality policies.
Through your strategic approach and your ability to influence others, you'll provide meaningful analysis and make strong recommendations, to help executives achieve their financial goals for each client.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Leveraging and analyzing reporting to identify root causes and consults with client serving teams on how to adjust and improve their engagement metrics; advise and resolve issues through book of business reviews to achieve maximum operational excellence
- Facilitating training for client serving teams on Mercury effective system usage and financial management practices
- Contributing to continuous improvement by sharing knowledge and leveraging leading practices
- Managing user lack of knowledge/frustration and directs the interaction to the best outcome, flexing personal style where needed
- Work closely with the assigned Cash Champion as well as client serving teams, to ensure timely collections with the aim to keep our revenue days in line with Firm policy
- Support the client serving teams through monthly ETCs, codes opening and closing processes
- Work closely with the Global Delivery Service teams to ensure smooth and timely processes
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong ability to identify financial anomalies and trends, and then advise leadership on financial strategies that will ultimately impact business decisions
- Strong ability to build rapport and professional relationships
- Highly effective at virtual teaming and influencing skills when partnering with people at all levels of the firm
- Excellent listening skills to provide focused advice, combined with the ability to apply judgment and seek guidance when escalation to a functional expert is appropriate
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Ability to manage time effectively to serve all your assigned partners and recognize when extra effort/time is needed to produce optimal outcomes
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word programs as well as the ability to learn new applications quickly
- The ability to adapt quickly to change and act as an effective change agent
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant area of study (finance, accounting) or alternatively, equivalent years of experience in finance or accounting as required to perform this position
- 2+ years of experience in a client driven professional environment in a financial capacity conducting analysis and providing recommendations around analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work additional hours to successfully maintain a book of business, train others and participate in special projects; specifically during the year-end financial close processes, no time off is typically approved during the last two weeks of June as well as the first two weeks in July.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Prior professional services experience in a similar role
What we look for
We are looking for professionals who are interested in making a difference, and ready to think creatively, challenge the status quo and speak up to make it happen. If you’re looking for a place to take initiative along with the support of some of the most knowledgeable colleagues in the business, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical, dental and vision coverage, competitive pension plan, generous vacation and leave entitlement(s), and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning:You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture:You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.