Personal Tax Senior
Haines Watts is a Top 15 firm of Chartered Accountants who specialise in advising and supporting business owners. We support over 35,000 companies and business owners around the UK, which gives our clients access to a huge amount of business expertise and knowledge. Our fresh thinking and practical business approach underpin our values.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Personal Tax Senior to join our busy internal tax team. This role will be office based in the Birmingham office and you will report direct to the Tax Manager/Partner.
We are proudly known as an excellent place to work, with the prized one-star accreditation for employee engagement from Best Companies, an accreditation showing our 'very good' levels of workplace engagement.
To be authentic, show passion and value relationships is our primary focus at Haines Watts and we are committed to attracting talent based on these principles.
In return the role is offering a competitive salary with a great benefits package.
The duties will include:
- Overseeing and managing the Tax return process for all Personal Tax clients
- Preparation and review Personal Tax returns
- Maintenance of registers and monitoring of deadlines
- Advising clients of tax liabilities in a timely manner
- Providing support on planning projects and researching technical issues
- Responding to client queries
- Review corporation tax returns
- Liaising with HMRC, including compliance checks
- Professionally represent the firm and its interests in dealing with clients and other professionals.
- Previous mixed tax experience gained in a practice environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Efficient and organised approach to work
- Good IT skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Has a friendly, positive can-do attitude
- Likes to work as part of a team
- Manages own workload and is proactive if help or support is needed
- Able to juggle a number of jobs whilst demonstrating excellent time management skills to ensure all deadlines are met
Desired: (but not essential)
- At least ATT qualified
Our salary is competitive depending on experience