Corporate Tax Senior
Haines Watts is a Top 15 firm of Chartered Accountants who specialise in advising and supporting business owners. We support over 35,000 companies and business owners around the UK, which gives our clients access to a huge amount of business expertise and knowledge. Our fresh thinking and practical business approach underpin our values.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Corporate Tax Senior to join our busy internal tax team. This role will be office based in the Birmingham office and you will report direct to the Tax Manager/Partner.
We are proudly known as an excellent place to work, with the prized one-star accreditation for employee engagement from Best Companies, an accreditation showing our 'very good' levels of workplace engagement.
To be authentic, show passion and value relationships is our primary focus at Haines Watts and we are committed to attracting talent based on these principles.
In return the role is offering a competitive salary with a great benefits package.
The duties will include:
- Review Corporate Tax Computations/returns
- Maintenance of registers and monitoring of deadlines
- Providing support on corporate tax planning projects and researching technical issues
- Responding to client queries
- Liaising with HMRC, including compliance checks
- Professionally represent the firm and its interests in dealing with clients and other professionals.
- Previous corporate tax experience gained in a practice environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Efficient and organised approach to work
- Good IT skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Has a friendly, positive can-do attitude
- Likes to work as part of a team
- Manages own workload and is proactive if help or support is needed
- Able to juggle a number of jobs whilst demonstrating excellent time management skills to ensure all deadlines are met
Desired: (but not essential)
- ATT qualified
Our salary is competitive depending on experience.
If you are keen to secure a progressive Tax role within a unique top 15 accountancy firm please apply today to find out more.
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to Haines Watts by any means. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the Haines Watts Recruitment team, Haines Watts reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.