Assistant Manager, Ethics & Compliance
Life at Grab:
At Grab, every Grabber is guided by The Grab Way, which spells out our mission, how we believe we can achieve it, and our operating principles - the 4Hs: Heart, Hunger, Honour and Humility. These principles guide and help us make decisions as we work to create economic empowerment for the people of Southeast Asia.The day-to-day activities:
- Conduct periodic internal reviews or audits to ensure that compliance procedures are followed.
- Identify compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation.
- Disseminate written policies and procedures related to compliance activities.
- Work with local teams to ensure adequate oversight and monitoring in all required areas.
- Maintain documentation of compliance activities, such as training, advisory.
- Provide regular reporting on compliance matters.
- Consult with the legal team as necessary to address difficult legal compliance issues.
- Collaborate with human resources departments to ensure the implementation of consistent disciplinary action in cases of compliance violations.
- Advise internal management or business partners on the implementation or operation of compliance programs.
- Provide employee training on compliance related topics, policies, or procedures.
- Provide assistance to security and internal audit teams in internal investigations.
- Monitor compliance systems to ensure their effectiveness.
- Oversee internal reporting systems such as corporate compliance hotlines and inform employees about these systems.
- Design or implement improvements in communication, monitoring, or enforcement of compliance standards.
- Verify that all firm and regulatory policies and procedures have been documented, implemented, and communicated.
- Independently lead discrete projects with cross functional groups within Grab
- Help mentor and/or supervise the more junior members of the team, as may be necessary.
- 3-5 years of prior experience in an audit or compliance role.
- Ability to work independently, self motivated, while being a team player.
- Desire to learn more about, and develop in, compliance
- Receptiveness to coaching and mentoring which will be provided by the Head of Compliance.
- Ability to travel in the region is required
We recognize that with these individual attributes come different workplace challenges, and we will work with Grabbers to address them in our journey towards creating inclusion at Grab for all Grabbers.
Grab is the leading super app platform in Southeast Asia, providing everyday services that matter to consumers. Today, the Grab app has been downloaded onto millions of mobile devices, giving users access to over 9 million drivers, merchants, and agents. Grab offers a wide range of on-demand services in the region, including mobility, food, package and grocery delivery services, mobile payments, and financial services across 428 cities in eight countries
Join us today to drive Southeast Asia forward, together.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.