Senior Compliance Accountant
Founded in 1972 in Co. Kerry, Ireland, the Kerry Group has annualised sales in excess of €7 Billion and supplies over 18,000 food ingredients and flavour products to customers in more than 140 countries worldwide. We have established over 150 manufacturing sites, operate in over 30 countries, and employ 25,000 people worldwide.
Kerry has been present in the Asia-Pacific region since 1997 and has grown its business to become a supplier of choice for our regional and local customers. With over 4,500 employees across the Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa (APMEA), Kerry has many exciting opportunities at our many Development & Application Centres, Sales Offices and Manufacturing sites. Spread over 18 countries – and growing – Kerry plays a large role in supplying food & beverage solutions to this diverse region.
About the role
Work Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Reporting To: Financial Controller
In this role as a Senior Compliance Accountant, you will be an individual contributor, primarily managing the direct and indirect tax requirements, alongside with the annual financial audit process for the Thailand operating company.
- Ensure that all statutory filing requirements are met, not limited to Direct & Indirect Taxes, Transfer Pricing, Legal, Payroll, Corporate Governance and Regulations including dealing with Customs & Tax authorities by working with the foreign shared services center to delivered.
- Ensures maintenance of accurate and complete financial records, in compliance with both legal requirements, local accounting and IFRS standards
- Leads the effort of establishing, monitoring, and enforcing an effective internal controls environment; liaises with internal and external auditors
- Identify best practices and continuous improvement opportunities and facilitates embedment of the practices into the organization
- Develops and improves accounting and control policies, procedures, work processes and reporting systems to support growth and efficiency, while reducing complexity and increasing speed
- Plays a key role in assisting Management in key financial decisions by providing business and financial recommendations on Company-specific development and projects
- Meets Corporate financial reporting requirements in a timely and accurate manner
- Monitors legal, tax and regulatory changes and trends to identify and implement necessary actions to secure continued compliance, while pro-actively identifying emerging opportunities and threats, making recommendations to management
- Support treasury initiatives and reporting requirements
- Responsible for ad-hoc activities to support business growth as required
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance, with minimum 5 years’ experience in a fast-paced multinational environment with strong Project Management skills.
- Fluent in Thailand local statutory requirement (audit, direct and indirect tax requirements).
- Risk management background with experience in improvement and standardization of processes
- SAP knowledge will be a bonus.
- Fluent in English and Thai
- Excellent analytical skill to identify problem, recommend solution, drive implementation.
- Good interpersonal skill and able to integrate to the operation and share services environment.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.