Senior - Strategy and Transactions - Mergers and Acquisition (M&A)
Our Strategy and Transactions (SaT) team works with clients to manage their capital agenda to drive competitive advantage and increased returns. As part of a global team of 10,000 professionals in 100 countries you will advise clients on preserving, optimising, raising or investing capital. Major groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines and competencies) within SaT include Mergers and Acquisition Services, Project Finance, Restructuring Services, Operational Transaction Services, Transaction Support, Transaction Tax, and Valuation and Business Modelling.
Running a business is all about making intelligent decisions, powered by accurate information. As a Mergers & Acquisitions (“M&A”) Senior, you’ll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. When you join our industry-leading team, you’ll be right at the heart of that challenge, working with leading business tools and methodologies to provide to some of the most sophisticated clients around.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Your key responsibilities
- Develop and review financial models within broadly defined guidelines;
- Synthesize research information such as comparable company and precedent transactions to be used in modeling, competitive analysis, industry analysis, negotiation support and various other applications;
- Prepare quality first drafts of pitches, marketing materials, management presentations and client presentations;
- Oversee an electronic data room and manage a due diligence process for buy and sell-side engagements, working closely with client and target personnel;
- Operate as a multi-project team player working on small teams of 2-3 people, often with minimal leverage;
- Perform administrative activities in support of engagements, including independence compliance documentation, engagement agreements, time budgets and billings;
- Contribute to strong client relationships through interactions with our clients;
- Contribute to engagement planning and ensure that deliverables meet the project timeline
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree with business-related majors (finance, accounting, economics, business administration…) from reputable universities abroad in English-speaking countries, especially from the US, UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand; or from foreign universities based in Vietnam
- Work experience (at least 3 years) in investment banking / corporate finance/audit or any similar field at Big 4 and/or multinational companies, foreign companies based in Vietnam, international organizations, major domestic corporations
- MBA degree and professional qualifications such as ACCA, CPA Australia, CFA, FRM would be key advantages
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English and Vietnamese
- Ability to work effectively with other team members and experience in leading small to medium-sized teams, project management experience is a plus
- Proficiency in office software suites. An excellent working knowledge of Excel to develop financial models
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for M&A and have very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our client’s goals.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.