Middle Office Manager
HedgeServ is a fast-growing service-driven global administrator. We feature a unique technology platform with one of the most experienced service teams in the industry. HedgeServ provides fund administration, middle office services, integrated risk & portfolio management, regulatory & compliance reporting, tax support, and complete shadow accounting services, underpinned by SOC 1 certified controls. HedgeServ supports all investment strategies within hedge funds, funds of hedge funds, private equity funds, asset managers, managed accounts and managed account platforms, UCITS funds, and other institutional investment programs such as pensions and endowments.Our services are completely customized for the needs of our individual hedge fund, fund of hedge funds and private equity fund clients. HedgeServ employs professionals globally across offices in the United States (New York & Dallas), Grand Cayman, Ireland (Dublin & Cork), Luxembourg, Poland (Krakow), Bulgaria (Sofia), and Australia (Sydney).
As we continue through a period of explosive growth, HedgeServ is searching for experienced professionals who can make an immediate impact on our growing team. We are seeking out candidates with 5+ years of experience in the Financial Services Sector who are decisive, energetic, and self-starting. We expect successful candidates to assume considerable responsibility within a short space of time, serving as a point of contact on several client processes, managing a team of 4+ employees at different levels and participate in cross team projects.
In addition to a focus on traditional middle office responsibilities such as trade capture, affirmations, settlements, pricing and break resolution; the candidate will be expected to take ownership of customized client requests, hold conversations with senior personnel, and actively engage in our internal development initiatives.
- Effectively manage a rapidly growing team of staff at various levels and experience
- Constantly seeking to mitigate operational risk by improving existing processes
- Effectively communicate with clients, assisting with all systems and trade related queries
- Work closely with the various Middle Office, Nav, IT, and Investor Service teams
- Encourage employee growth by ensuring sufficient cross-training within the team
- Institute innovative technological solutions to alleviate client concerns in conjunction with our Business Development team
- Supervise daily cash and position reconciliations
- Troubleshooting Live PnL and Market Value queries from external parties on a wide range of Products
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business would be preferred
- 5+ years of Hedge Fund experience
- Strong excel familiarity and a desire to improve technical skills is required
- Experience in enhanced Middle Office services such as Settlements, Affirmations is desired
- Strong product knowledge in the areas of OTC and listed derivatives is an advantage.
- Influential team players who make decisions with the firm in mind
- Motivated High Performer who can accomplish volumes of important work and excel during short sprints
- Clear and persuasive communicators, who can articulate their actions, identify root causes, and suggest improved ideas
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.