Manager Group Taxation
See yourself in our team
Financial Services partner with all areas of CommBank to provide specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers tax, finance, audit, treasury, investor relations, security, general procurement and property.
The Advisory Team within Group Tax is responsible for providing tax advice to the Group on new or significant transactions, products, changes to taxation law and issues relating to both domestic and international.
In addition, the team provide approvals, support on complex compliance matters and transfer pricing support.
Do work that matters
- Provide tax advice, and assist Executive Managers in providing sign-offs to the business as required. Specific areas covered may include:
- Significant or complex domestic and international transactions;
- Products and investments (new, restructures and terminations);
- Tax policy, manuals and procedures documents issued to the business; and
- Ensuring transactions and advice are properly implemented from a tax perspective
- Oversight of the tax obligations relating to offshore jurisdictions including regular liaison with offshore CFOs and contribution to advice for transactions affecting the offshore jurisdiction;
- Support business teams within the Group with tax queries and advice in relation to changes in tax law;
- Support with managing tax risks across the business in accordance with the Group’s governance framework;
- Contribution to compliance with overall tax obligations for the Group including in relation to controlled foreign companies and offshore branches; and
- Liaising with the ATO on pre-lodgement reviews, risk reviews, information requests or other informal communications.
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- CA / CPA qualification
- Degree in commerce, law or a related discipline.
- Minimum 6 years gained in chartered accounting, law firm, or corporate tax division.
- Well-developed research, analytical and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of accounting.
- High proficiency with Excel and Word.
- Strong collaborator and able to work independently.
- Ability to help improve processes.
Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 01/12/20210:00/2:27
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.