Accounts & Finance Manager
Job Title: Accounts and Finance Manager
Important: Link to apply is at the bottom of this Job Description.
Who Are We?
Founded by Orenda, Taleemabad’s mission is to provide high quality education leveraging technology. So far we’ve made great headway - our team is now 130+ members strong, and we’ve directly impacted the lives of more than 9 million children across Pakistan. Here’s how we did it:
- Brought together animators, designers, teachers and curriculum developers to create a cartoon series by the name of Taleemabad. Taleemabad is set in an imaginary city, where our characters get into all sorts of (mis)adventures with one sole objective: to get children to learn while having fun. Watch a sample here. Read details about our approach to building children’s media here. The series is now broadcast on national television, and viewed by more than 8M+ children every week according to PEMRA.
- Orenda is an exciting and diverse place to work, earnestly built by an enthusiastic, future-oriented, and zealous bunch of people.
We are looking for someone who can take a leadership role and set up a strong foundation and systems for the Accounts and finance department. The role will evolve with time, however following explains the key responsibilities:
Accounts & Finance
- Prepare and maintain the financial records on a monthly basis (Income Statement, Balance Sheet) and share with management
- Oversee monthly employee payroll and benefits, including tax deductions and filling
- Lead the budgeting process for the organization, and keep
- oversee reconciliation of petty cash payments
- Oversee and manage the payment processing from partners (i-e schools, donors, investors etc)
- Oversee administration of office and any support that team needs (including the bill payment, inventory, office maintenance)
- Oversee and manage the budgets and keep the management updated on monthly basis regarding the variances or any other discrepancies
- Prepare and implement policies and procedures to streamline operations
- Oversee and prepare for yearly audit, coordinate, and resolve any issues
- Coordinate with various stakeholders for company’s legal and financial matters
- 5-6 years of relevant experience (preferably worked in a young company, and built systems)
Prefered Qualification: CA Inter, ACCA, Degree in Accounting & Finance
What we offer:
- The rare opportunity to directly impact the education of millions of children in Pakistan
If this sounds like something you’d be interested in doing, please fill out this form by clicking
Note: This job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. Please apply for this job as soon as you can, if interested. The shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 8 working days of closure of the position.