Restructuring Executive, Strategy & Transactions, Belfast
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all
EY’s Turnaround and Restructuring Strategy (‘TRS’) team in Belfast is currently looking for an experienced Qualified Executive.
As a TRS Qualified Executive you will work with a high performing, integrated team on a range of interesting formal and non-formal restructuring assignments. You’ll be given a diverse range of stretching experiences which will enable you to acquire skills and knowledge to build your career and create your future. This is a great opportunity to join this growing and dynamic team.
Your key responsibilities
- You can expect a range of experiences and opportunities during your time with EY. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Management of a portfolio of formal restructuring engagements such as administrations, liquidations and receiverships, including day to day progression of assignments
- Working together with senior team members on non-formal restructuring cases advising various stakeholders of financial distressed companies on issues such as liquidity forecasting, business reviews, turnaround plans, restructuring options and negotiations.
- Preparing detailed and analytical reports for clients, liaising with third parties (solicitors, sales agents), compliance review, preparation of receipts and payments accounts.
- Working effectively as a team member by sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress.
- A focus on anticipating and identifying risks that require escalation and subsequently escalating these risks to more senior staff as appropriate.
- Assist in managing the financial aspects of engagements by organising staffing, tracking fees and communicating issues to project leaders
Skills and attributes for success
- Display a high level of commercial acumen, and an awareness of the key drivers of corporate failure or under performance
- Proficient in detailed financial and commercial analysis and able to identify potential areas of sensitivity
- Team player with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels but also able to work effectively on your own using your own initiative and judgement as required
- Motivated with the ability to multi-task, work under pressure to tight deadlines, while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Able to identify key issues on assignments and suggest workable solutions
- Experienced in presenting findings clearly in reports and other deliverables to clients
- Demonstrate professionalism and confidence to deal with a range of stakeholder groups and management teams
- Understand the capabilities of the firm, looking for opportunities to bring other specialists in to the restructuring assignment to achieve the best solution
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
- Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training Restructuring professional
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite of products, including the use of Excel spreadsheets and Word for report writing.
To qualify for the role you must have
- ACA, ACCA or law qualification
- Previous experience of working within a Restructuring environment (minimum of one year relevant post qualifying experience)
- The ability to build strong internal relationships within Restructuring and across other services, and can actively participate in business development
- Appreciation of the risks inherent in advising distressed businesses and their stakeholders, managing and escalating risks as appropriate.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Certificate of Proficiency in Insolvency (CPI) qualification an advantage but not essential
- People development experience and can effectively supervise, coach and mentor staff
- Own network of contacts with work providers, or will understand how to build one
What we look for
Due to the variety of services we provide to our clients, the work requires a high level of adaptability, flexibility and motivation.
You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes.
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning:You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you:We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership:We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture:You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.