Consultant / Analyst
SI Partners is looking for a Consultant join our Mergers & Acquisitions advisory team. Ideally the candidate will have at least 1 – 3 years’ work experience within a management consultancy, big 4 accounting firms, corporate finance institutions, or in an in-house finance role. Fresh graduate with relevant intern experiences will also be considered.
The role of a Consultant is to offer commercial advice and consultancy to our clients who primarily operate in the creative, digital marketing and technology industries. In addition you will be working with potential acquirers and investors to assist in the management of our M&A transactions.
The working language is English. Strong command of spoken and written English and Chinese (including both Cantonese & Mandarin) is essential, while other language skills would be an advantage.
The preferred candidate will be part, or fully financially qualified with a recognised accounting qualification.
Location: Hong Kong
Commercial Advice and Consultancy
Your role in the team is to support the managers and directors to deliver a range of consultancy projects, including:
Strategic Option Review projects:
- Conduct analysis of client data
- Interpret client data to form your own opinion of the client’s priorities
- Work with the team to develop growth strategy and business improvement mechanisms
Financial review & commercial consultancy:
- Review client’s financial statements to interpret how they are performing
- Make recommendations about how to strengthen their financial position
- Collaborate with clients to help them develop a forward looking financial budget
Strategic partnerships and merger projects:
- Liaise with stakeholders to develop commercial agreements
- Provide project management oversight to pre and post merger integration activities
- Investment advice:
- ROI modelling
- Funding strategy and options
Financial system and process review projects:
- Review client’s current financial systems
- Work with a third party provider, to oversee their implementation of new financial systems
- Provide long term M&A advice from strategic point of view i.e. what to focus on or invest in
- Top team development and succession planning
- Pricing and margin improvement advice and programs
- Resource management and capacity planning
Support the M&A team with the execution of sale mandates, by:
- Engaging with our clients to obtain necessary information to prepare and approve a Business Summary
- Preparing Business Summaries - financial analysis, company positioning, growth plan, etc.
- Engaging with potential acquirers, agreeing NDAs, distributing information and arranging initial meetings with the client
- Modelling offers as they are received and preparing written step by step explanations for the client, highlighting the variables that impact on risk, value and commitment
- Engaging with the client and their lawyers to mark-up Heads of Terms and liaising with the buyer until an agreed version is signed by both sides
- Driving the due diligence and legal process, ensuring a timetable is agreed and adhered to and ensuring that the client’s FD is prepared and supported through DD preparation and interviews
- Conducting research into potential investors and acquirers
To be a good fit for this role you will:
- Be proactive in everything you do, from your self-development to learning about our clients, their issues and how to resolve them
- Be excited by change and enjoy challenging the status quo
- Be collaborative in nature
- Work well in a fast-paced, dynamic, deadline driven environment and be effective whilst working on multiple projects
- Enjoy building strong relationships with our existing clients
SI Partners is a global M&A advisor and consultancy with a passion for creative and technology businesses. Our purpose is to enable our clients to realise their businesses’ potential through trusted, insightful, and actionable advice.
- Power of the collective
- Entrepreneurial spirit