The main purpose of this Management Accountant job is to work closely with the finance team to prepare management accounting information and reports for key stakeholders within the company, specifically working on our UK and European markets. Presenting financial information to management, analysing financial performance and making recommendations for improvements and forecasting.
This accountancy position is working for a publishing company, based in central London.
This is a contract position for 9 months, with the likelihood to go permanent.
The key responsibilities for this Management Accountant role is:
- To produce accurate and detailed management accounts for the Division/Company, within deadline, in a highly pressurised environment.
- To oversee the preparation of financial statements, ensuring spending is in line with budgets.
- To report on new revenue streams to Ecommerce Finance Manager, and to provide financial support for new streams/products, including E-commerce and Wholesale.
- To liaise extensively with external partners and the financial accounting team to facilitate the invoicing and payment process and with management, operational departments and to analyse and resolve discrepancies.
- To produce, analyse and present key financial information to management.
- To work with key stakeholders across the business to drive process improvement and best practice.
- To take control of balance sheet ensuring reconciliations are timely and accurately, including detailed stock analysis.
- To have significant involvement in year-end close and in preparation of deliverable for the audit, ensuring a smooth and efficient audit process.
- To ensure the Company/Division is compliant with financial governance requirements.
- To meet with budget holders regularly to monitor performance, investigate major variances and develop forecast.
- Ad-hoc Accountancy tasks
The successful candidate for this Management Accountant position will have SAP experience, in addition they will have:
- Part Qualified (studying towards CIMA / ACCA / ACA)
- Previous management accountancy experience essential ideally gained within Publishing or Retail and a strong understanding of balance sheet positions
- Experience of international operations
- E-commerce experience is highly desirable and advantageous
This contract Management Accountant position will offer an exciting opportunity to learn and progress within finance.
This role is based in London with the opportunity to work from home.