Assistant Accountant (6 Month FTC)
Global Payments is a Fortune 500 worldwide payment technology and software company, providing the world’s leading complete commerce ecosystem to businesses of every size. Our unique, connected infrastructure serves every dimension of commerce, carrying billions of transactions every year—safely and seamlessly.
In the UK&I we employ over 500 people across 5 sites and work with over 60k customers including blue chip companies such as The Post Office, Brewdog & Trainline.
About the Role
This is an amazing opportunity for a part-qualified accounting professional to come and join our Accounting team in Leicester to play a vital role in supporting the Senior Financial Accounting Manager and Head of European Accounting. You will be responsible for accounting, reporting and review of the Ireland entity, taking ownership of the revenue generation & billing processes.
- Provide support to the Accounting function during the month by preparing bank reconciliations, producing ad hoc reports and journals, process improvements and testing for system updates and changes;
- Support accounting month end process for all European entities including preparing accruals, adjustments and variance analysis to ensure the monthly accounts accurately reflect the business’s activities;
- Preparing and uploading journals within prescribed timeframe with no material errors;
- To complete Malta GL Accounting end-to-end;
- Assisting with the Accounts Payable function for the UK, Ireland and Malta business including working with other business areas to resolve any discrepancies and answer all queries;
- Timely completion of assigned balance sheet reconciliations with full explanations of outstanding balances;
- Maintaining accurate records and ensures archiving and filing of all documents is kept up to date in line with regulatory requirements;
- Provide support during internal and external audit;
- Taking ownership of personal development whilst undertaking a professional accounting qualification.
- Part qualified ACCA/CIMA with minimum 1 year experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to communicate well with all levels of staff, including executive & senior management, and to be a team player as part of wider virtual team
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Competent in Microsoft Office, with a high level of proficiency in Excel
- Requirement to work flexibly when required
- Ability to work on own initiative and to manage own workload against tight deadlines
- Experience of card industry preferable
- Experience with Oracle accounting package preferred
What’s in it for you?
Whilst the challenge and opportunity might be enough for some, we know we need to offer a little more. There is a competitive salary and bonus package, plus a generous benefits package including a range of pension, lifestyle and holiday allowances and a career path that could take you to any one of those 30 countries mentioned above!