Manager, Management Reporting - 15 month contract
Colonial First State (CFS) is a superannuation and investment business. CFS has been helping Australians with their investment, superannuation and retirement needs since 1988 and are a proud leader in our field across an award-winning range of wealth management solutions.
See yourself in our team
CFS Finance supports the Senior Leadership Team of the CFS business under the Deputy CEO Office to manage and grow its superannuation and platform businesses. Colonial First State Financial Services (CFS Finance) partner with all areas of the business to provide specialist advice on financial management and strategy. This advice covers finance, audit, treasury, procurement and property.
Do work that matters
CFS’s purpose is helping our members achieve their individual retirement goals.
This team adds value by:
- Driving behaviours across CFS to achieve strategic financial objectives;
- Providing financial leadership in determining strategic business direction and aligned financial strategies;
- Protecting, preserving and safeguarding wealth management (WM) and therefore CFS assets; and
- Balance capabilities, costs and service levels to fulfil WM Finance’s responsibilities.
This role plays an integral part of a dedicated team that provides strategic and tactical financial leadership to support the CFS executives and senior executives
- Play a lead role in the consolidation, review and reporting of the CFS monthly financial result, including analysis of key drivers
- Manage the setup of the Monthly CFO reporting pack and quarterly board pack, working closely with Finance colleagues to provide analytics and insights that enable informed decision making
- Assist with Product Profitability analysis and Margins Analysis reporting.
- Provide funds under administration and flows reporting, including helping with analytics and insights on this key business driver
- Ensure integrity of financial data and reporting and maintain financial controls and relevant framework appropriate to the business. Adhere to the compliance of Group policies including Group Reconciliation Policy. In addition to the alignment between financial statements, board reporting and management reporting, if required
- Work with the Business Partnering team to manage requests and deliverables
We’re interested in hearing from people who posses
- 5+ years relevant experience working with financial service organization (superannuation, funds management or general wealth management experience preferred)
- Solid experience in financial and management reporting, expense management and analysis, and financial control
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills with the ability to put a concise commercial lens onto complex issues
- Demonstrated experience partnering with senior business stakeholders, external parties including boards and regulatory companies
- CA / CPA qualified
If this opportunity interests you, APPLY NOW!
CBA has entered into an agreement with KKR to sell a 55% interest in its CFS superannuation and investments business for total cash considerations of $1.7billion (implying a total valuation of $3.3billion). CBA will retain a 45% shareholding in CFS.
KKR is a leading global investment firm that manages multiple alternative asset classes, including private equity, energy, infrastructure, real estate and credit, with strategic partners that manage hedge funds. KKR aims to generate attractive investment returns for its fund investors by following a patient and disciplined investment approach, employing world-class people, and driving growth and value creation with KKR portfolio companies.
The sale is expected to complete in the second half of 2021. As this is a role to work in the CFS business, the successful candidate will initially be employed by the CBA Group but on sale completion, their employment will transfer to a new entity that will employ the CFS business employees from completion.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 10/11/2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.