Transaction Diligence FSO Manager- Chicago, Charlotte and San Francisco
- At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
- The potential for error is high in an environment where speed is critical. Companies looking for local and global deals face strong competition for quality assets and stakeholder scrutiny regarding acquisitions. M&A success starts with comprehensive diligence, it's the only way to understand if the deal is the right decision at the right price.
- a Transaction Diligence Manager you'll be right at the heart of the action. You'll work with many of the world's largest financial services organizations on some of the most complex deals. You'll be advising our clients throughout the diligence lifecycle on key drivers to increase value and reduce the risks and uncertainty inherent in transactions.
You'll be working in a team environment with financial due diligence professionals on a variety of projects in the financial services sector. Our team works to understand the client's business profit drivers and trends, as well as challenge assumptions of future performance and assist with purchase agreements and post-closing transaction matters.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager in Transaction Diligence you will be a vital member of the team managing and executing financial diligence project work. You'll be focused on analyzing financial data and identifying key trends behind the performance of a business, discussing business performance and forecast assumptions with senior team management, and helping to write reports that set out our findings and recommendations around the key financial and business issues in a transaction. You will also be helping develop staff and seniors ensuring their career development.
Skills and attributes for success
- Handling financial due diligence engagements.
- Analyze financial and operational results of businesses to be acquired or sold through reviewing accounting records and conducting interviews with management.
- Assist clients in the preparation of SEC filings.
- Identifying negotiation factors for purchase price and deal structuring.
- Constantly researching industry trends and technologies, as well as seasonality and cyclicality on cash flow requirements to provide knowledge and insight to clients.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance and 5 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 4 years of related work experience supported by an active CPA certification.
- Significant public accounting experience.
- Excellent analytical skills and the confidence to translate complex data into meaningful insights.
- The ability to prioritize effectively on projects and the skills to adapt quickly to new challenges and concepts.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills, and the ability to develop long-lasting relationships both internally and externally.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 40% on short notice.
Ideally you'll also have
- A proven record of excellence in a mergers or acquisitions transactions role.
- Experience gained within another large professional services organization.
- Established networking skills in a relevant industry.
What we look for
We're interested in talented professionals with the ability to visualize our clients' goals and think creatively to facilitate them - often in politically charged environments. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, and a genuine passion for taking on new challenges, this role is for you.
What we offerWe offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
- EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
- Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
- Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
- EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.