Indirect Tax Manager - Open to flexible working 1 1
Our Indirect Tax professionals help clients to manage their indirect tax compliance obligations, identify opportunities and mitigate indirect tax risks. They use their deep experience and knowledge of different legal and regulatory systems around the world to help clients manage their global indirect tax footprint as well as achieve their business goals. In an ever changing world our indirect tax professionals provide pragmatic commercial help so clients improve their day-to-day reporting and management of indirect tax. This includes improving working capital, reducing errors, reducing costs and generally ensuring indirect taxes are handled correctly. They advise how indirect taxes such as value added tax (VAT) or goods & services tax (GST) affect the client’s supply chain and financial and accounting systems.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and ambitious individual to join EY’s specialist Technology, Media and Telecommunications (“TMT”) Indirect Tax team in London. The TMT team help support and deliver Indirect Tax advice for their clients both across the UK and globally.
We are looking to recruit an Indirect Tax Transformation specialist to support our ambitious growth plans in TMT and assist clients with transformation programmes and the operational management of VAT. This includes helping clients react to and adjust their VAT management approach as a result of the global trend towards tax authority digitisation. We advise clients on a wide range of operational, systems and technology projects, including ERP system VAT optimisation, process, controls and supply chain, whilst also working with innovative technologies.
The TMT sector is fast paced, innovative and by its nature highly global as digitally enabled businesses can supply customers across the world. With regular changes to tax legislation globally as tax authorities attempt to reform tax legislation so as to keep pace with the innovation taking place and new ideas being generated in the sector, it is a great time to be involved and part of managing this change. This role will provide an opportunity to be involved in a fast growth part of the Indirect Tax team, focusing solely on advising TMT businesses both in the B2B and B2C sector. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work with both clients and EY local firms globally, providing a great opportunity to build and expand your knowledge and network.
Your key responsibilities
Your people responsibilities:
- Enthusiastic Senior Manager with ability to create, sustain and lead effective teams
- Ensure delivery of quality work and take day to day leadership of delivery teams on projects and client accounts
- Help people to develop through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff
- Significant involvement in the management of the team both in terms of strategy and operations and also through managing junior staff development and assignments
Your client responsibilities:
- Build and maintain tax relationships with clients and provide exceptional levels of client service
- Business development skills - able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work by proactively managing existing clients.
- Overall responsibility for quality of client service and accuracy of work
- Manage possible leads from other areas of the practice and
- Build networks and relationships internally and externally with clients
- Contribute to successfully extracting maximum value for both EY and clients from the tax services delivered whilst managing risk appropriately for both client and the firm
Skills and attributes for success
- Client driven and strategically and commercially aware
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral.
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
- Project management skills, plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget and working capital.
- Negotiation skills, able to sustain opinion and handle challenges
- Effective time management, ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
- Enthusiastic team player with ability to create, sustain and lead effective teams
To qualify for the role you must have
- ACA/ACCA/CA; or Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training course; or Law qualification. CTA (or breadth of knowledge equivalent to CTA). Or internationally recognised equivalent qualifications.
- Basic understanding of accounting principles such as journal adjustments and GL reconciliations
- Highly experienced tax practitioner with skills and expertise in functional area
- Experience of having worked with TMT businesses in the past is preferable, but not required. A clear interest in the sector is a must however.
- Business development skills, able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work
- Ability to build strong client relationships.
- Experience working in consultancy (big 4 desired but not mandatory)
What Working At EY Offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer
- Commitment for support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.