Senior Analyst, Investor Service Centre (Transfer Agency) Spanish/Italian
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
Reporting to a Team Leader, you will be responsible for BAU activities along with the team leader in supporting the team on a daily basis and also to work on developing the on the job skills of the team to enhance the overall performance of the Investor Services department.
The department provides third party fund services to numerous fund management companies covering the full range of shareholder servicing functions including dealing, registration, AML, cash settlements, distributions, commissions and statements.
Key responsibilities of the role may include:
- Responding to investor queries via phone or email.
- Support the Team Leader on telephone calls to ensure that all Service Level Agreements are met.
- Support the Team Leader in monitoring client specific mailboxes via e-Gain to ensure all queries are completed within the agreed service level.
- Act as a buddy or mentor to new team members. Provide assistance, training and coaching to new members of the team. Act as a point of reference for their queries.
- Support the improvement of quality through procedural reviews and enhancements
- Ensure that the daily telephone dealing is completed and all relevant supporting documentation is recorded in the system.
- Provide sign off on phone deals to ensure that all trade data is correct, all necessary fields are completed and tick list has been completed appropriately.
- Participate in User Acceptance Tool testing for new systems and functionalities.
- Monitor and report on various client queries. Makes recommendations to team leader on procedure changes.
- Complete and send out the team statistics or reports as requested.
- Ensure your own tasks and responsibilities are completed within the correct time scales.
The successful candidate will benefit from having:
- Fluency in English and working languages French and German, added advantage for other languages Spanish and Italian.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of Transfer Agency process and thorough technical knowledge of at least one TA operational area.
- Demonstrate a detailed working knowledge of telephone dealing and positive approach to Investor Services.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Extensive knowledge of Organisation, Fund administration and the regulatory environment.
- Ability to work to set deadlines.
- Ability to use Excel and Word competently.
- Attention to detail and strong accuracy.
- Analytical skills are required to research and resolve enquiries.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Interpersonal (relationship building, respectful, problem solving and understanding).
- Communication (listening skills, oral communication skills, information sharing and written communication skills).
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
As Northern Trust is a financial organisation, all new employees will be required to undergo a criminal record check.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.