SAP Business One System Owner
Ideas| People| Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
We have recently introduced a new accounting platform, SAP Business One, which is intended to provide a consistent and best practice system and control environment that underpins our offering to our mid-market clients in BS&O.
We’ll help you succeed
The SAP Business One System Owner is responsible for the development, integration, modification, operation and maintenance of the SAP Business One system and associated business processes within BS&O. It has both a commercial and operational focus, and includes the following duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring the application meets business requirements, including functionality, usability, accessibility and security.
- Realising project benefits and seeking commercial advantages in utilising the system to support revenue growth.
- Ensuring business processes and controls are defined, operating effectively and fit for purpose to meet compliance requirements.
- Ensuring processes are compatible and integrated with the organisation’s broader environment.
- Driving stream-wide standardisation and improvement of business processes and controls utilising the SAP system. This includes helping relevant stakeholders to understand the business benefits of the system and its stream-wide adoption.
- Improving system effectiveness and performance by strategising options, prioritising short term and long term developments, communicating decisions and initiating necessary actions.
- Reviewing, approving and prioritising any requests to change the system or its associated business processes and controls.
- Deciding who has access to the system (and with what types of privileges or access rights).
- Ensuring that system users and support personnel receive the requisite training in order to be able to operate the system effectively.
- Ensuring there is a mechanism in place, and consistently followed, which appropriately recharges system-related costs to the relevant client projects.
- And other ad hoc strategic and tactical requests as required by the BS&O stream.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. Key skills/experience:
- Demonstrable prior experience of successfully owning / leading systems or product development.
- Strong knowledge of the accounting platform & related system marketplace, allowing you to anticipate client and customer requirements and initiate development actions to ensure these requirements are continually met.
- Effective communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate clearly with individuals at all levels, internally and externally.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective working relationships at all levels and influence decision-makers and wider stakeholders.
- Resilient, ambitious and driven with experience working in fast-paced and dynamic businesses.
- Ability to define clear system and process goals which are aligned with the strategic objectives of the company, with meaningful measures and metrics in place to enable tracking and delivery.
- Experience of leading, engaging and motivating a team.
- Commercial awareness, enabling you to identify opportunities to increase system-related revenues, reduce system-related costs and improve overall profitability.
- Professional Accountancy Qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
We’re in it together
At BDO,we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited.We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review renumeration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications,weal so provide the following benefits,as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform,Flexcel,means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident,dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals.Together,they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there : ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people.That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.