Securities Lending Collateral Management - Associate 2
Who we are looking for:
This dynamic role which requires good understanding of equities, fixed income, Securities Lending and borrowing business, collateral management.
The business requires constant interaction with multiple stakeholders namely Trading Desk, Borrowers, Internal teams
The major responsibilities will be:
Returns booking and exception monitoring the settlement of market loan and return transactions, as well as, ensuring that collateral is appropriately managed daily. This also includes the following:
- Return and email management
- Collateral Management
- Cash and Non-Cash specific processing
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to SSGM business unit. As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM’s number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients’ portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world.
Join us if making your mark in the capital markets industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
- Performs several or all the following duties based on assigned desk (domestic, international) and/or product(s):
- Processes high volume of international loans, Recall returns, Equilend & Non-Equilend Broker Returns daily adhering to established procedures and controls; monitors and resolves pending and failing aged Returns.
- Interacts with traders, client management, fund group(s) and counterparts regarding discrepancies if any
- Executes instructions to receive or deliver securities from counterparties.
- Confirms end of day re-pricing and money movements with counterparts.
- Reviews contract compare records, DDA’s to validate positions with each counterparty.
- Assists business area with inquiries pertaining to transactional activity; coordinates response with traders, corporate actions staff and other internal teams.
- Ensure timely resolution of counterparty issues including pricing problems, quantities of loans and borrows, etc. while keeping management informed of any potential issues.
- Identifies and analyzes operations risks related to current and potential business and recommends procedural changes/improvements as needed
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Strong knowledge of Agency/Principle Security lending business, Capital markets and Equities
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Deadline and detail oriented
- Demonstrated computer proficiency, including advanced knowledge of MS Excel, as well as problem solving and analytical skills
- Should be flexible to work in US (6:30 PM - 3:30 AM IST) shift
6:30 PM - 3:30 AM IST
- Work Location:
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- University degree in Business majoring in Accounting, Finance, or other Financial-related programs
- Overall experience of 1+ years in Trade Settlements, Mark to Market and Collateral Management (NA/EMEA markets) process.
- Investment Banking, Agency/Principal Lending, Custodial Services, Financial Markets knowledge is must.
- Certifications: certifications like NSE Certification in Financial Markets (NCFM), NSE Certified Capital Market Professional (NCCMP) etc. will be an added advantage but not mandatory.
Secondary Skills (Good to Have)
- Exposure to Equilend, MCH, and DTC applications
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.