Asset Owner Services - Senior Associate
Who we are looking for:
Looking for Accounting and query management professional who understand and can provide end-to-end support to the clients. Should have a good understanding of cash breaks, book closer process.Good responsive approach to all client and internal queries. Relevant experience to suit the Senior Associate role.Candidate has to be a team player. Candidates with fund accounting experience would be preferable.
This role involves direct client interaction and direct interaction with the client service team and other internal teams. Handling client queries, routing to the correct team for faster resolution. The staff should also bridge the communication gap between the teams within State Street and the client at times.
Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for:
- Monitor cash breaks, failed trades and overdrafts with the aim of minimizing potential risk
- Ensure deadlines/deliverables are met in accordance with the SLA provisions.
- Ensure effective logging and resolution of enquiries and liaise with appropriate parties to resolve/ escalate queries/problems within agreed timescales .
- Assist clients effectively with “New Account / Market Opening” requests and AD Hoc transitions or re-structuring.
- Complete accurate non-standard or ad hoc reporting to clients within deadlines.
- Ensure that all clients are billed promptly and assist in the follow up of any aged debt.
- Review operating procedures and ensure they are updated.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of team checklists as required .
- Maintain specialist knowledge and skills that are essential in performing the role effectively.
- Proactively share new ideas/process enhancements that could result in a benefit to the team.
Manage Relationships / Communication
- Ensure the line manager and others, as appropriate, are kept aware of all issues/problems/queries/work in progress that may impact upon the quality of service being given.
- Regularly contribute to projects impacting the wider group
- Build strong relationships with COE’s
- Participate in shared service/client conference calls or meetings
- Provide feedback on Shared Services/COEs and maintain issues logs
- Build strong relationships with our clients through the provision of daily support and prompt resolution of all accounting and custody queries.
- Individual Contributor
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behavior
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the ‘Risk Excellence’ culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegate
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Good knowledge on Fund Accounting .
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Excellent communication, organization, interpersonal planning, and analytical skills
- Deadline and detail oriented
- Demonstrated computer proficiency, including advanced knowledge of MS Excel, as well as problem solving and analytical skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- University degree in Business majoring in Accounting, Finance, or other Financial-related programs
- Overall experience of 4+ years in Fund Administration or related work.
- Investment compliance monitoring or coding experience is a must. (Pre or post-trade investment compliance)
- Certifications: Candidates pursuing FRM (Financial Risk Manager by GARP) / CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) / CISI (Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment) are preferred, but certification is not a must for the role
Secondary Skills (Good to Have)
Coding in Visual Basic Applications (VBA)
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.