Senior Manager Capital Reporting and Accuracy
"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
Group Capital Analysis Reporting & Data Management (G-CARD) team is part of the Capital Accuracy & Productivity team that sits within the Financial Services (FS) division of CBA. The Capital Adequacy & Productivity team is responsible for adequate management and allocation of our shareholders equity.
G-CARD provide financial support to the business around Regulatory Capital, Risk Weighted Assets (RWA) and Target Equity. The team works closely with stakeholders across Finance, Treasury and Risk Management in order to deliver optimal capital outcomes for the Group.
This role reports to the Head of Capital Reporting & Accuracy. The role will have exposure to a wide range of stakeholders including senior members of Finance, Treasury and Risk Management. You will drive key deliverables including monthly BU capital allocations, the Pillar 3 reporting process, and other ad-hoc analysis. This role will have a key focus on delivering actionable insights, data analytics and process re-engineering and simplification.
Do work that matters
- Work closely with senior stakeholders to deliver the Group’s capital reporting including project management of complex Group wide process and business partnering with BUs to deliver successful risk and reporting outcomes
- Ownership of the Group’s internal capital allocation process and deliverables, with a mandate for continuous improvement and process simplification (focused on accuracy, timeliness and functionality)
- Articulate key risk and capital drivers, provide meaningful insights to drive debate, and deliver value-add analysis of the Group’s products and businesses
- Understand changes to capital calculations as a result of planned or actual regulatory and/or system changes and be able to communicate impacts to stakeholders
- Build and maintain productive relationships with a range of stakeholders including senior members of Finance, Treasury and Risk Management teams
- Help drive team goals and priorities including a strong and vibrant team culture, continuous process improvement, actionable insights, ad-hoc analysis and effective coordination of all Reporting processes
- Leading, coaching and developing a team, both to achieve individual and team targets, and to support career development
- Lead continuous improvement and productivity across initiatives within the team.
- Contribution to the wider G-CARD team culture and initiatives.
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- Tertiary qualification in accounting, finance, or an equivalent business-related discipline
- CA qualification
- Large corporate, financial services experience (knowledge or experience with regulatory capital reporting preferred).
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to deliver challenging tasks, get things done, and a desire to solve complex business problems, evidenced by experience in owning and driving complex initiatives.
- Strong business partnering skills with a proven track record in collaborating, influencing and driving outcomes with key stakeholders.
- Proven ability to build and embed new reporting processes that meet Data Management Frameworks.
- Sound commercial acumen and professional judgement with the ability to make recommendations and draw out insights.
- Strong analytical capabilities.
- Regulatory Capital knowledge.
- Advanced Excel & visualisation skills.
- Technology experience including GTRS, Alteryx, SQL, Tableau will be an advantage.
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 22/11/2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.