"At CommBank we are proud to support flexibility, let's discuss what this means for you"
See yourself in our team
CommInsure Financial Services is responsible for the financial stewardship of the business. This includes management and promotion of sound business and financial practices to protect and grow the business in compliance with all regulatory, Group and Business Unit policies and practices..
The GI Actuarial Team provides actuarial and financial support to the CommInsure General Insurance portfolio. Our central focus is supporting the business through statutory reporting (APRA quarterly reports, ILVR and FCR), and the monthly valuation of outstanding claims liabilities and premium liabilities.
The Actuary will provide support in the management of insurance and financial risk for the CommInsure General Insurance portfolio.
We currently have multiple vacancies for various experience levels, all on a 12-months maximum term contract basis. Your application will be considered broadly for all available roles.
Do work that matters
- Assist the team with maintaining strong relationships with direct customers, collaborate and be seen as a trusted adviser to your business, delivering accurate and timely commercial insights on performance information to key internal and external audiences.
- Partner with the business in managing its day to day activities and decisions, supporting its overall strategy as well as supporting the implementation of initiatives critical to delivering the business strategy.
- Undertake key components of the periodic management and financial reporting and related activities, ensuring the alignment between financial statements, board reporting and management reporting.
- Supporting actuarial reporting & calculations (e.g. insurance liability calculations, ILVR, financial condition report content, capital, reinsurance, experience investigations, forecasting, etc)
- Provide support to accounting and/or actuarial processes across the wider team as required, and leverage best practices across other finance teams.
- Support the development and maintenance of well-documented and standardised processes including active involvement in process improvement.
- Comply with risk controls for all tools/models/calculations and supporting CI Risk Management and Compliance where required.
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- 3 years or more actuarial work experience
- Qualified as a Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries Australia (FIAA) or equivalent, or currently sitting final exams to attain qualification
- Understanding of actuarial methodologies, financial drivers and regulatory standards
- Ability to communicate complex / technical issues to non-technical audiences
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables simultaneously
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work with complex information requirements
- Ability to work collaboratively within and across teams
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with SAS, Igloo, SQL, Teradata and VBA preferred but not essential
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.Advertising End Date: 2/12/2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.