Senior Analyst, Accounting
We are a global, multi-billion-dollar corporation – and Accounting is vital to reflecting our staggering earnings, profits, cash balances and other financial results. To meet this challenge, we implement best practices, provide general financial support, resolve queries, prepare reports and provide statistics. We also design policies and procedures that adhere to audit standards and conform to FASB and SEC guidance, as well as compliance with GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley section 404.
Join us as a Senior Analyst on our Accounting team in Bayan Lepas, Penang to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
Vendor Funding Accounting team is to support and work with business to track, book, invoice as well as collect the funding from vendors based on the performance on services, co-marketing, product development or purchasing activities as agreed on the contract.
What you’ll achieve
As a Senior Accounting Analyst, you will resolve financial support issues and inquiries from both internal and external customers and work with relevant non-accounting personnel in reviewing contracts to confirm company policies are adhered to and financial reporting requirements of the company are met.
- Support monthly accounting close, journal bookings, balance sheet reconciliations per Dell Corporate Accounting Policy
- Perform monthly invoicing, support & work with Finance / Marketing team to reduce long aged receivable & also provides vendor collection updates
- Work closely with team lead on ad hoc reporting and statutory audit requests
- Support quarter end reporting & FLUX analysis
- Perform quarterly SOX control audit, support any CSA/SOX audit and testing as necessary
- Involve in project UAT, improve the process via simplification & standardization etc
- This position requires attention to detail, dealing with global business partners. The ideal candidate must demonstrate initiative, be organized and be able to work well independently and within a team
- Timely and accurate closing of the books in line with set deadlines
- Provides support and expert guidance to business partners as required
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting or professional qualification
- Minimum working experience of 3 years, preferably in an accounting firm and/or MNC
- Excellent communication skills & proficient in English
- Possess strong analytical, problem solving skills, critical thinking and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines, flexibility to work beyond regular working hours as require to support Global business partner.
- ACCA/SYMA/CIMA certification in progress/completed is an added advantage
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 30 Nov 2021
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.