Fixed Income Business Unit Risk Management - Senior Associate
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Fixed Income Division is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution. Professionals in the Division assess and actively manages risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities Division is a market leader across a broad range of commodities markets, with expertise in areas including client risk management, financing solutions and investor products Sales & Trading
From the largest global institutions to innovative new hedge funds, investors come to Morgan Stanley for sales, trading, and market-making services in almost every type of financial instruments including stocks, bonds, derivatives, foreign exchange, and commodities. Our professionals provide liquidity and content to clients around the world, actively assessing and managing risk, trading securities, and planning and executing transactions in the fast-changing markets. As the needs of our clients become increasingly complex, we often develop customized solutions.
Business Unit Risk Management (“BURM”) is a 1st line team within FID which covers a number of risk areas, including Non-Market Risk (Operational Risk), Franchise Risk and Conduct Risk.
The Operational Risk Management team within BURM acts as the 1st Line of Defence and are responsible for all aspects of Fixed Income and Commodities Non Market Risk in EMEA, including the operational risk control framework. In addition the team is responsible for implementing new controls and process resulting from new regulation or new business initiatives/products.
The candidate would be expected to undertake a wide range of duties, spanning the Risk and Control Group (RCG) and Operational Risk, often having to manage multiple tasks with frequent changes to priorities.
- Define, develop, and implement a range of conduct surveillance controls
- Assist with the reporting and presentation of Supervisory Metrics to Fixed Income Management
- Collaborate with teams across the Firm, including Sales & Trading, Legal, Compliance, Legal, Operations, Finance and Operational Risk, to identify, address and remediate issues
- Resolve risk related queries from the Sales and Trading desks
- Undertake initial investigations into conduct incidents and operational incidents
- Assist with remedial actions identified by compliance test checks, internal audit and regulators
- Assist with the implementation of changes driven by new business or new regulatory obligations
- Organise and host progress meetings and working groups with stakeholders
- Co-ordinating activities across multiple delivery workstreams
- Conduct regular reporting of progress against plan, including management information and metrics
Key Skills and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Good understanding of project management essential
- Previous experience in a Financial or Legal environment would be an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office applications
- Strong analytical / problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and presentations
- Good attention to detail & organisation skills
- Confident, self-starter, assertive and energetic
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.