Sr. Accountant UAE National
No two days are the same at AMW, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognizes and rewards quality performance, and what do you get, The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
Come join us to live well, work better, and be the best.
Job Title: Senior Accountant - Business Decision Support - Residential
Reports to: Finance Manager – Business Decision Support - Residential
Department: AFGRE - Finance
To manage and control various financial and accounting systems and procedures of the company in accordance with the internationally accepted standard, and monitor its internal control to ensure financial stability and maintain complete transparency and accuracy in the system.
To provide support to internal customers: Residential business team in relation to financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting through effective communication in order to meet the business needs and contribute to improving current processes
- Responsible for complete accounting cycle for assigned Residential portfolio companies. (Revenue, Expense, Closing & Reporting).
- Ensure posting run is complete for all rental contracts/ Sales contracts in a timely manner and cumulative monthly provision is revised as required. Preparation of various reconciliations such as monthly rent rolls, inventory reconciliations, bank reconciliations etc.
- Evaluation of various expense requests in terms of justification for the expenses, budget availability etc., verification of LPO’s, coding and posting of approved expenses as per budget in respective GL Accounts, cost centres and ensure approval as per DOA for Opex & Capex.
- Ensure approved payments are released as per agreed payment terms and all supporting documents are in compliance with Company’s Policies & Procedures and approved as per DOA, including timely settlement of Intercompany creditors and debtors
- Ensure GRN’s are assigned to LPO’s on a monthly basis against completed works & services and cumulative monthly provision is revised as required.
- Liaise with Financial Planning & Analysis team and provide the cash flow inputs for weekly and monthly forecasts.
- Assist Finance Manager in preparing and coordinating with the respective business to complete the budget and forecast exercise on quarterly and annual basis.
- Prepare monthly and ad-hoc management reports and provide detailed commentary for monthly business reviews and preparation of dashboard reporting.
- Ensure Balance sheet reconciliation is conducted on a quarterly basis and items required further analysis to be highlighted and device plans to reconcile
- Ensure accuracy of data/compliance to DOA/budget on various lease documents processed through Finance department and coordinate with Leasing team.
- OA related payments to be reviewed before disbursing payments to vendors / suppliers, ensuring there are approvals from selected OA board members.
- Providing support to OA for preparing schedules (Utilities, Revenue, Expenses etc.) and co-ordinating with external auditor to complete the OA audit.
- Preparing monthly accruals (expense & revenue) reports, ICM acceptance, COS & transfer entries ensuring all these actives are accounted before the month end.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Post-graduate degree in commerce / accounting / finance with knowledge of Financial Management and Accounting Systems is necessary.
- Advanced knowledge of ERP Financial Software is necessary; SAP expertise will be preferred.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience working in diverse teams; real estate construction / projects environment experience will be preferred.
- Well-versed in IAS / IFRS.
Good interpersonal skills, adaptive, self-motivated, organisational skills, ability to manage stress.
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.